• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So-called girlfriend really hacking me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I find that people who try and please everyone and be everyone's friend usually have nothing interesting to say.
    What is that supposed to mean?

Are you trying to say that's me?

I couldn't care less if you think I have nothing interesting to say. My point was that you are coming across as an arse bashing other peoples faith. How many people of faith come on CUK and bash the athiests?

What do you think it will achieve. You are hiding behind an avatar on the internet, do you really think you ranting and raving will change their beliefs?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

kandr, please try not to piss absolutely everyone off. If you have something to say about religion, please keep it to one thread so those who have faith can choose not to read it. It's always going to be a contentious topic, as politics is - but the demographic is a tad skewed in that regard here. We hate all politicians with equal vigour. The same uniformity won't apply to faith.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        What is that supposed to mean?

Are you trying to say that's me?

I couldn't care less if you think I have nothing interesting to say. My point was that you are coming across as an arse bashing other peoples faith. How many people of faith come on CUK and bash the athiests?

What do you think it will achieve. You are hiding behind an avatar on the internet, do you really think you ranting and raving will change their beliefs?
        It wasn't aimed at you, I am saying that if I come across as an ejit I am ok with that because I am not going to just placate everyone.

Comment

It wasn't aimed at you, I am saying that if I come across as an ejit I am ok with that because I am not going to just placate everyone.
          Never apologise you bedwetter.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            kandr, please try not to piss absolutely everyone off. If you have something to say about religion, please keep it to one thread so those who have faith can choose not to read it. It's always going to be a contentious topic, as politics is - but the demographic is a tad skewed in that regard here. We hate all politicians with equal vigour. The same uniformity won't apply to faith.
            I will do as you wish, however I don't see why religion/faith is treated as a special case and is protected.

Very well I will keep it to related threads.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Never apologise you bedwetter.
              Where do I apologise? I was stating that my main concern isn't how people view me.

Comment

I will do as you wish, however I don't see why religion/faith is treated as a special case and is protected.

Very well I will keep it to related threads.
                It's not. RH is as godless as the rest of you. Just remember, what you post here will always be answered to a greater power than a mere mod or Administrator.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  IJust remember, what you post here will always be answered to a greater power than a mere mod or Administrator.
                  WMFS

Comment

It looks like I am a God

Went to the cinema with my lady friend last nigt, and a coffee after - we actually had a really nice evening.

I have a meal out with friends on Saturday, I just need to work out if I would like her to come along. If I do, she will want to be with me constantly from Friday evening right through the weekend, but I would want her over from Saturday afternoon through to Sunday morning allowing me to get on with other things that she would block if she was around.

Will think carefully about this, but tempted to suggest she comes over Saturday afternoon and see if she just accepts this. If so, happy days. If not, I will stand my ground. If she kicks off, then we will part company.

I hope weekend works out as we actually had a really nice no pressure evening last night.

Comment

you da man

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X