• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dinosaurs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Who

basists and drummers you are the weakest link goodbye
    That depends on the band. The bass player in the Floyd wrote all their material. Can Led Zep ever be the same without the Bonham sound?

Comment

"The bass player in the Floyd wrote all their material".

Really?

I suppose that applies to almost everything after "Animals" and in particular to "The Final Cut" which was dear old Rog's first solo album...

Comment

I suppose that applies to almost everything after "Animals" and in particular to "The Final Cut" which was dear old Rog's first solo album...
        Good point. Okay, 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn' was Syd's work. Roger had one (very bad) song on it.
        After that, Roger increasingly wrote all the words and devised the concepts, with Dave and, to a lesser extent Rick, providing the music. By the time of 'Animals', it was only Dave providing any input apart from Roger.

I would agrue that 'The Wall' was Roger's first solo album. The fact that Dave constantly slates the album and Roger hold all the copyrights, should really prove whose baby it was.

When they did split, it was obvious that they needed each other. Floyd without Roger was instrumentally strong but conceptually and lyrically weak. Roger's solo material was conceptually strong, but, particularly on 'The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking' a case of "hmmm, where have I heard that tune before?" It seemed to be the same few bars recycled over and over again from 'The Wall'. Still, at least Clapton and Beck filled the void left by Gilmour.

Comment

Try listening to floyd without the whacky backy and see how long you last before you want the death penalty brought back for everyone

Comment

Try listening to floyd without the whacky backy and see how long you last before you want the death penalty brought back for everyone
            I have always said he'd come to no good
            in the end, your honour
            If they'd let me have my way
            I could have flayed him into shape
            But my hands were tied
            The bleeding hearts and artists
            let him get away with murder
            Let me hammer him today

Comment

I have become... Comfortably Numb.0]

Comment