• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrant Cap - Intra- Company Transfers salary set at £40,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    If you want to thank anyone - thank the PCG. Cue lots of groaning.....
    <groan>

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      If you want to thank anyone - thank the PCG. Cue lots of groaning.....
      Groaning? Nope. Shouts of "Bollocks" and "Bullsh!t" more like.

Comment

Originally posted by beep View Post
        it's going to be very quiet at Sunbury-on-Thames and Martlesham to name but two places.

Mind you, half of the jobs have been offshored already.

Another day, another time to find a way around the rules.
        What I can't find out is whether the proposed min. salary will affect ICT

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          What I can't find out is whether the proposed min. salary will affect ICT
          Does the thread title not give it away?

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
            Does the thread title not give it away?
            That wasn't the title of the BBC news link, but yes the content of the story would suggest that ICT is affected. I think we still need the full detail from Theresa May before we know if this will kill off ICT abuse once and for all.

Comment

Theresa May has just given her statement in the commons.
              The £40K minimum is the point at which ICT is exempt from the cap, however this is for placements longer than 12 months.

This could be a loophole, depending on how the 12 months is interpreted. I.e. can you get around it if the placement is shorter than 12 months, or does the cap always apply unless you have £40k and more than 12 months placement...
              Last edited by CheeseSlice; 23 November 2010, 15:54.

Comment

Dave has promised India we'd be taking more Indians, so I guess one way or another we'll get more Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Theresa May has just given her statement in the commons.
                  The £40K minimum is the point at which ICT is exempt from the cap, however this is for placements longer than 12 months
                  If that means that ICTs that are less than 12 months are NOT exempt from the cap then it's not a bad thing. Otherwise it would be a massive hole.

Comment

Don't all hold your breath.

Government set to lower pay threshold for IT workers on ICTs - Inside Outsourcing

It looks like if ICT is for a year the minimum is 24K.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      That's a shame. I bet half the Bobs thought they were in line for a massive hike in pay.

Oi Bob, you're here because you're cheap, not because of your skills.
                      You be careful Spod, there are some on this board who will argue that it not cheap but it's the market rate and we should all lower rates to match it.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X