• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    2-1 to England.

Those writing off the Aussies are (to quote the classic Aussie movie The Castle) are dreaming
    Remember the Aussies got 4 times as many individual centuries as the England players in the last test.

I still think in the batting they will be better and the bowling will suit the Australians, they will be at home with the pitches and with the ball.

I seriously think England might get hammered.

I got 90 quid in betfair, I'm placing that all on Australia for the first test.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I seriously think England might get hammered.
      I seem to remember you saying that last time, and me having the same 2-1 prediction.

I'm going to put some money on it this time...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm expecting a good scrap. I hope both teams turn up. Last two times, we didn't.

Comment

Waiting for the toss.

Strauss should be out in a moment.

Comment

I think with the Autralians and English that is not going to happen.
            I desperately hope you're right, the Pakistan thing has done a lot of damage.

I'm not going to make predictions or get my hopes up, but the main factor as others have pointed out is that Australia haven't played as well as they have in the past which makes it reasonable that England might do well.

The only thing I've got real high hopes for is that the standard of cricket will be high.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              The only thing I've got real high hopes for is that the standard of cricket will be high.
              I think the first 10 overs will be high.

This is going to be war.

Comment

Get the high ball in there !!!

Comment

Get the high ball in there !!!
                  I think that was me saying OZ are bowling.

Comment

Too many bouncers just gets boring.

It's when there's good batting and beating the batsman with top notch fielding that I enjoy the game, plus a few beers in the stand of course

Plus I admit I'm a sad muppet and I enjoy the radio coverage of Test Matches when the commentators are on form.
                    Last edited by TykeMerc; 24 November 2010, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      Too many bouncers just gets boring.

It's when there's good batting and beating the batsman with top notch fielding that I enjoy the game, plus a few beers in the stand of course

Plus I admit I'm a sad muppet and I enjoy the radio coverage of Test Matches when the commentators are on form.
                      It's the Ashes, not a tea party. Bouncers are part of the game.

Australia will be going into get them in the first 10 overs. Part of the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X