• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referees' Strike - for those interested!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I kind of like Samaras. He is useless but he never does anything that can be said to discredit the club.

He keeps turning up for matches though!!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And another thing, just what is it that the Referees actually want that is measurable and attainable? Or have they not thought that bit up yet?
      A shrubbery maybe??
      They do not appear to have thought this through very well. If they imagine that they can continue to underperform and get decision after decision wrong with no need for explanation, they need to move into the new century.
      Accountability exists in every walk of life, and it is not unreasonable to expect that someone should be able to, and comfortable with, explaining any contentious decision.
      Referees in Rugby are wired up and explain their decisions routinely to the teams. You may not always agree with it, but at least you can understand the rationale. It removes most of the scope for anyone that may feel inclined towards bias.
      Had that technology been utilised in this particular instance, there would have been little opportunity for all the subsequent shenanigans. Not too much to expect I feel.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        I give Celtic the respect for who they are. I respect them and I respect the players that play with the same passion for them as ours do for us. I respect the likes of Lennon, he loves the club. I hate Samaras and Boruc, they are neds who think that the way to endear themselves to the fans is to get the Rangers raging. You compare that with players like Paul McStay, Henrik Larsson, Tommy Burns, Roy Aitken, the list goes on. Players who played the game with dignity.

Don't get me wrong, we have our own, Ricksen, Gazza, Novo etc. I see them for what they're doing, but they're still great in my eyes.

So yes, I do dislike certain 'elements' of your support, but I can sit and have banter with my mates who are fans just like me without all the political and religious stuff.

Compare that with Aberdeen, I just hate them and the sooner they're relegated the better. I'm glad you pumped them 9-0. I'd rather see Celtic win the league on the last day of the season if it meant Aberdeen got relegated. We'd simply take the league back the next year, 'Ibirdeen' would be ruined though.
        Actually the Rangers player I most respect is Derek Greirson. When my folks thought I was going to fail my Higher maths, they packed me off to see him for 8 weeks tuition, oh the shame. In those days Rangers used to try and get players to pass a degree, he choose maths and ended up being a Maths teacher. We spoke at length about football and he was a talented footballer, a learner and gave up his spare time to be a teacher.

Celtic have now got a degree/apprenticeship system the same as Rangers did in the 50s, it is something rangers would be foolish to not do.

Comment

Bedwetter.

That is all I am saying that subject and the 5 of us know what I mean.
          You and Shauny have mail. I agree.

Anyway, this thread has descended into quite a good discussion with most of the hatred taken out and some good rational debate going on.

Minestrone I'll even go so far as to say you're half decent when you're not being offensive.

Of course the Dhims will always be paranoid though, it's in your nature.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Goram is a filthy piece of work, I detest that man more than any rangers player past or present, his wearing of the black arm band when the UVF lost a man was the most shamefull display of any Old Firm player ever.
            I don't hate Goram, he was a great goalie, however I do pity him. To see the shell that the man is, all he survives on is getting rolled out at Rangers do's, telling the same old stories. He looks a complete mess, always pissed, never with a smile.

He was a complete idiot getting dragged into all that stuff. A terrorist is still a terrorist, no matter if it's Orange or Green. I see them at the away games (normally Europe) they're just neds with guns.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

I don't hate Goram, he was a great goalie, however I do pity him. To see the shell that the man is, all he survives on is getting rolled out at Rangers do's, telling the same old stories. He looks a complete mess, always pissed, never with a smile.

He was a complete idiot getting dragged into all that stuff. A terrorist is still a terrorist, no matter if it's Orange or Green. I see them at the away games (normally Europe) they're just neds with guns.
              I pity Gazza, I cannot extend that to Goram, he was clever enough to know what he was getting into, he made a choice and never showed remorse for his decisions on that day. I Would have had more respect for him if he just came out and said 'I support the LVF and this arm band is for one of their fallen'. The way in which he passed the show to his Aunt who died a few months earlier was miserable, pathetic, sign of a coward. I really do hate that man.

Comment

Minestrone I'll even go so far as to say you're half decent when you're not being offensive.
                There are 3 posters on this board I like to offend at great pleasure.

There is now only 1.

Churchill sent me a nice PM this week, I eventually got a decent search result from ska after 2 years waiting and you are a great big dirty... ehhh... what can I call you?

Comment

There is now only 1.

Churchill sent me a nice PM this week, I eventually got a decent search result from ska after 2 years waiting and you are a great big dirty... ehhh... what can I call you?
                  Currant Bun, that's what they use on the BBC 606.

Comment

There is now only 1.

Sounds like Minestrone has become Sister Minestrone!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Sounds like Minestrone has become Sister Minestrone!
                      "MarillionFan knows their stuff"????? WTF????

Comment

Working...
                      X