• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After a year's evaluation, I've found the best family car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    How would you like being blinded for 6 miles?
    Exaggerate much?

Comment

Only 25k?! good lord, So all it would cost is a deposit for a house? So cheap.

I learnt how true this is last Friday on the way home. An audi driver was behind me for aprox 6 miles on the M60 with these annoying blinding lights, so I decided to give him a bit of his own medicine. I slowed down and let him past and then put headlights on full. He then slammed breaks on and started tailgaiting me within 2 mm of my boot. I kept changing lanes to get away from him and he kept following me! I thought sh**e, he must be some mafioso or something. The relief when he eventually drove off! Watch out for Audi drivers - they are nutters!
      A chap I know who did some software development at BMW said that the fellows in Munich became rather concerned about their image toward the end of the 90s, as BMW drivers had a reputation for aggressive driving; he suggests that the more recent BMWs have been designed to appeal to more relaxed drivers. I certainly get that impression as I don't see anything like as many nutters in BMWs these days. I wonder whether the Audi management are just as sensitive to this; at some stage the damage to image could impact sales to the more 'discerning' customers. It really is serious; every time I see an Audi I can predict the driver's next move, and it will always involve some mad overtaking manoeuvre and lots of angry tailgating.

Maybe Audi's customers will all just die of high blood pressure and then they'll have to seek a new target market.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
        E-class is a fine idea.

C200CDI is the small saloon, with the smallest diesel engine. In a Merc, that's the recipe for an econo-taxi. Step up a little.
        200cdi is probably ideal for the c-class. If it's an e, then 220cdi is a very nice engine, unless you're a boy racer/Audi ****.

Comment

A chap I know who did some software development at BMW said that the fellows in Munich became rather concerned about their image toward the end of the 90s, as BMW drivers had a reputation for aggressive driving; he suggests that the more recent BMWs have been designed to appeal to more relaxed drivers. I certainly get that impression as I don't see anything like as many nutters in BMWs these days. I wonder whether the Audi management are just as sensitive to this; at some stage the damage to image could impact sales to the more 'discerning' customers. It really is serious; every time I see an Audi I can predict the driver's next move, and it will always involve some mad overtaking manoeuvre and lots of angry tailgating.

Maybe Audi's customers will all just die of high blood pressure and then they'll have to seek a new target market.
          Very interesting point. I am well put off buying an audi these days as compared to previous years for that very reason.

Comment

Very interesting point. I am well put off buying an audi these days as compared to previous years for that very reason.
            Yep, it's a shame because aside from the tooth-rattler suspensions, which can be overcome with air suspension, they're actually quite nice cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              200cdi is probably ideal for the c-class. If it's an e, then 220cdi is a very nice engine, unless you're a boy racer/Audi ****.
              I'm looking at an E320 CDi because I don't want a 4-pot oil-burner.

Comment

Only 25k?! good lord, So all it would cost is a deposit for a house? So cheap.

£25K is a deposit for a house? You must live in tulipville
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  £25K is a deposit for a house? You must live in tulipville
                  No he has a 99% mortgage, or had until it got repossessed and plunged him into financial doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I own an e-class and am very pleased with it; have driven the new c200cdi as a replacement during servicing and it certainly suits me, but then I'm not a very sporty driver, preferring comfort.
                    Comfort and safety are the priority as it's really for the missus to take the sprog to nursery and go to Waitrose. It'll never be driven over 30 mph probably.
                    For laughs and thrills I'll stick to my reliable MPS.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Comfort and safety are the priority as it's really for the missus to take the sprog to nursery and go to Waitrose. It'll never be driven over 30 mph probably.
                      For laughs and thrills I'll stick to my reliable MPS.
                      Profile: Who was Walter Mitty?

Walter Mitty was a meek, unassuming permie who would daydream that he led an exciting, heroic life in order to escape his humdrum existence.

Comment

Working...
                      X