• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I didn't think the little bit we saw was a dump. That town square where the cathedral is looks pretty impressive. Obviously not all the town centre streets look nice but then every town centre has its grotty streets. Didn't venture out of the hotel much at nights though. Crossed the road on Saturday evening to look at the menu in another place and sptted a big wad of tissue covered in blood and loads of blood on the pavement around it. Decided to head back after that!

Cooking course was great though. I can now make a pretty good curry - just have to start practicing more.
    Who was the course with?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We got it through buyagift.com - it's at the womans house who teaches it which we were a little put off with at first, but she's really good. She has a class of 6 at the most, so you pair up and make the food. We have her email address and were thinking of getting a group together and paying her direct to show us how to make exactly what we want. It lasts about 5 hours and by then you've pretty much had enough as it's a long time to be stood up cooking. I suspect we'll be having a lot of curries over the next few weeks as we practice. We made our own chapatis also which was good. They take minutes, so I'll not be buying them anymore!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

We got it through buyagift.com - it's at the womans house who teaches it which we were a little put off with at first, but she's really good. She has a class of 6 at the most, so you pair up and make the food. We have her email address and were thinking of getting a group together and paying her direct to show us how to make exactly what we want. It lasts about 5 hours and by then you've pretty much had enough as it's a long time to be stood up cooking. I suspect we'll be having a lot of curries over the next few weeks as we practice. We made our own chapatis also which was good. They take minutes, so I'll not be buying them anymore!
        I feel a plan B coming on................................
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I didn't think the little bit we saw was a dump. That town square where the cathedral is looks pretty impressive. Obviously not all the town centre streets look nice but then every town centre has its grotty streets.
          There was a strong suspicion that the mussies have tried to burn down Peterborough Cathedral in 2001.

Did you see lots of Hijabs during your visit?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

No - didn't see anything that made it stand out from any other town - I thought parts of it looked pretty nice.......but I do live in Rochdale though which is a toilet
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

No - didn't see anything that made it stand out from any other town - I thought parts of it looked pretty nice.......but I do live in Rochdale though which is a toilet
              I was in Bradford at the weekend... must make Rochdale look good
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I was in Bradford at the weekend... must make Rochdale look good
                You have obviously not been to Rochdale

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                X