• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two minutes silence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Observing the 2 minutes silence to remember Armistice Day is a personal choice and people should not feel bullied into submission.
    I totally agree and I wouldn't name and shame.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      True - still though, it's a respect thing. People also shouldn't be made to feel in the wrong for observing it.
      I agree.

Comment

Observing the 2 minutes silence to remember Armistice Day is a personal choice and people should not feel bullied into submission.
        True in principle, but it's one of those cases where if you're not being silent it intrudes on and spoils it for people who are. I think you'd have to be especially bolshie to put a case for talking through it.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          True in principle, but it's one of those cases where if you're not being silent it intrudes on and spoils it for people who are. I think you'd have to be especially bolshie to put a case for talking through it.
          Indeed; 2 minutes of silence doesn't seem much to ask, but there really are some people who can't manage to keep their fat gobs shut and their fingers off a keyboard for a measly 2 minutes.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Your two minutes of your own silence is your own mark of respect. Other people are completely free to do as they wish.

I think you may have misunderstood my original post.

Comment

While I am happy to remember with pride conscripted soldiers who have fallen and will wear the poppy for that I will not give money to the legion to support career soldiers or their families at this point. You make your choice and if you are injured in the front line you got yourself there by choice and knew the risks.

Comment

Your two minutes of your own silence is your own mark of respect. Other people are completely free to do as they wish.

I think you may have misunderstood my original post.
                I think knocking one out in the toilets would be considered a little unsympathetic though.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Indeed; 2 minutes of silence doesn't seem much to ask, but there really are some people who can't manage to keep their fat gobs shut and their fingers off a keyboard for a measly 2 minutes.
                  Would you mind doing a 50 years silence?, everyone would be most grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I think knocking one out in the toilets would be considered a little unsympathetic though.
                    Considered unsympathetic by whom?

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                      Would you mind doing a 50 years silence?, everyone would be most grateful.
                      Yep, you start!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X