• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Change not so important

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the imprecise timeframe ' a few years' was added by to the quote by the journalist, we have no idea if it is an accurate paraphrase or not, - elsewhere in the piece, which is built around a handful of actual quotes, Viner uses a timeframe of 20 years.

This picking out of odd decades-old quotes from the media, in the presence of thousands of pages of evidence in the literature and IPCC reports is fun but unlikely to form the basis of a convincing case. Especially as even the 'quality' press gets it badly wrong remarkably often ...
    The article had been completely rewritten, essentially parroting North's blog, to include new quotes from me (genuine, but heavily edited and misleadingly taken out of context), and fabricated assertions about my views. An accompanying editorial called for the IPCC chairman to resign.

I was furious. Worse, the two conflicting versions of my views — on the BBC and in The Sunday Times — constituted a serious affront to my professional credibility
    Apology and Retraction No 1 Sunday Times

Apology No 2 Telegraph

Apology No 3 Telegraph Again

Global warming is a scam because ... journalists sometimes misquote scientists. Yep, I'm convinced.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
    X