• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Europe hands UK 20,000 more Indian IT workers every year, says leaked document

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    WHS. The Tories have redefined immigrants as "...those non-EU people who are no use to our mates, the people running large companies, from whom we expect to earn lucrative directorships when we are forced out of politics".
    Under those definitions, IT workers and ICT people are not immigrants.
    No Bobs on my next project. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      No Bobs on my next project. Which is nice.
      You keep saying that like some retard. Are you trying to tell us you're a racist or that you're getting benched?

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        It's still in place. It just excludes any immigration that would add to that figure. i.e. a big lie.
        Yeah I was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          WHS. The Tories have redefined immigrants as "...those non-EU people who are no use to our mates, the people running large companies, from whom we expect to earn lucrative directorships when we are forced out of politics".
          Under those definitions, IT workers and ICT people are not immigrants.
          Wrong.
          Guessing by the amount of replies to your posts you must be the village idiot.

Given that India are not within the ECC any Indian worker partaking in employment within the ECC requires a Work permit/Visa....guess that makes them immigrants.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
            Wrong.
            Out of the mouths of newbies!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
              Wrong.

Given that India are not within the ECC any Indian worker partaking in employment within the ECC requires a Work permit/Visa....guess that makes them immigrants.
              ICT will be excluded from the 'cap', but AFAIK they still have to appear in the Net Migration figures.
              Immigration Minister Damian Green has actually confirmed that achieving net migration in the tens of thousands was a cast iron commitment from the government.

If you look at recent figures for inward migration that contribute to net migration, you'll see that ICT (under Tier2) is only a small piece of the pie.

[From linky]

Comment

Are they not meant to be talking about imposing some type of minimum salary cap on ICT's though?
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Are they not meant to be talking about imposing some type of minimum salary cap on ICT's though?
                  Yes, this post from TW has a linked story about this.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    Yes, this post from TW has a linked story about this.
                    I thought the cap applied to ICTs? This new army is in addition to and not limited by the ICT quotas?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      I thought the cap applied to ICTs? This new army is in addition to and not limited by the ICT quotas?
                      Migrant cap exemption for company transfers - Cameron

Linky

But speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Cameron said: "Intra-company transfers shouldn't be included in what we are looking at."

Comment

Working...
                      X