• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon; Asteroids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I thought the 'Pre-Big Bang' one was good if a little WTF???? And the one about how the mind interprets senses was ace, this guy wore a belt that always vibrated at the point facing magnetic north, after a few days he couldn't describe his experience to someone who hadn't tried it themselves, it sort of melded into a sixth sense that he no longer had to give any thought to.
    I was intrigued enough by your description to go and watch it. It was indeed very good. BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Horizon, 2010-2011, Is Seeing Believing?

Here's a short in-lined video of the McGurk effect:

Although I preferred the 'fa' sound used in the Horizon film

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Although I preferred the 'fa' sound used in the Horizon film
      Here's the Horizon version, which I think is better:

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I think David Attenborough's got a new series starting on Friday about the origins of life; could be worth watching.
        We at Pogle Acres are looking forward to this
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          This is the only one of the current run of Horizon that I'll bother to watch.

Whether that says anything about me or about the current state of Horizon, I'm not altogether sure.
          Didn't you once build a little rockery in earth orbit from asteroids?

Comment

Working...
          X