• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoodies in the local (bedwetter thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing worse than a bunch of d1cks taking over your local, and wrecking everyone elses evening, but losing it and asking them to get their sh1t sorted was pretty suicidal. You were lucky to survive that one

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Ppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssss sssss.

FFS anyone got a mop? He didn't last long before leaving a huge puddle of emotional dross on the floor did he?

FFS
      Pop down for a beer. Would love to see them give you a going over
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        There's nothing worse than a bunch of d1cks taking over your local, and wrecking everyone elses evening, but losing it and asking them to get their sh1t sorted was pretty suicidal. You were lucky to survive that one

Even worse than that... I used to have a lovely local that had little rooms like your granny's house, and a lovely old couple. The old couple went and were replaced by a vile racist homophobic couple whose unpleasant family used to hang around the bar insulting the clients. Has now closed donw and reopened under new management with on-site brewery.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Yeah there is a fine line between being brave and being a complete moronic deluded idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
            Yeah there is a fine line between being brave and being a complete moronic deluded idiot.
            I find moronic deluded idiot works best.

If SY is good at pool, then just go in, put your money down and when u get some tulip offer to play for money. That normally stops it.

MF in 'once a Sussex County player' mode
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I find moronic deluded idiot works best.

If SY is good at pool, then just go in, put your money down and when u get some tulip offer to play for money. That normally stops it.

MF in 'once a Sussex County player' mode
              Why not just continue playing darts, why barge in to the pool game, being some hero, which is OK if you can back it up, but he clearly didn't as he is tulip scared to go to the pub now.

Comment

Why not just continue playing darts, why barge in to the pool game, being some hero, which is OK if you can back it up, but he clearly didn't as he is tulip scared to go to the pub now.
                He's backed down now. They own him.

Everytime he's out he'll cross the road. They're going to ask him to lend them a couple of quid, make rude comments to him, take the piss.

Much better he'd stood his ground. Personally I'd pop back in and next time smack the lad a number of times, real Begsby style. Then to make sure smack the gobby bird.

Lest this way they know who's boss. Probably best not to go back to the pub for a while though.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  He's backed down now. They own him.

Everytime he's out he'll cross the road. They're going to ask him to lend them a couple of quid, make rude comments to him, take the piss.

Much better he'd stood his ground. Personally I'd pop back in and next time smack the lad a number of times, real Begsby style. Then to make sure smack the gobby bird.

Lest this way they know who's boss. Probably best not to go back to the pub for a while though.
                  Yep, you need to be prepared to not back down, if you're going to act the hero, I'm afraid SY made the worst decision, he tired to be the hero then backed down. So he basically advertised himself as a punch-bag.

Comment

Yep, you need to be prepared to not back down, if you're going to act the hero, I'm afraid SY made the worst decision, he tired to be the hero then backed down. So he basically advertised himself as a punch-bag.
                    Bolx

I vented my frustration, then realised I was outnumbered 20 - 1. Are you suggesting we should all walk with bowed heads for fear of being labelled a punch bag if we speak up?

I have no problem taking a kick-in, and to be fair I would take a few of them out with me. That said, when the cozzers got involved there's lil ol me versus 20 of them when it comes to versions of the story. It would be a whitewash.

By choosing my battles wisely, I have survived this far. like these generally wind up barred so by staying away I can just let the landlord do his job.

Of course if next time I walk past I find the pub being converted into a block of flats I know he did not do a very good job.

Simples.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

SY,

can you tell us the full story of what happened to the pumpkin on halloween ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X