• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's 'brightest and best' migrants take unskilled jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    they wee Christians in a Muslim country
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I can believe that - I had some involvement at the Home Office way back - they had a rule that a percentage of the asylum appeal process had to be successful no matter what, to demonstrate the appeal system worked

Kafkaesque.. springs to mind
      Aren't targets wonderful? I'll bet that even folks who had a cast iron case were sent through the appeals process to validate it as well.

"Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status."
      Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988); author of "The Peter Principle"
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Aren't targets wonderful? I'll bet that even folks who had a cast iron case were sent through the appeals process to validate it as well.

"Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status."
        Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988); author of "The Peter Principle"
        If there was a cast iron case then they wouldn't need the appeal process...or were you being ironic?

But then I would only allow Jews in 1940 (who I believe were the original reason for the treaty) to use the asylum route & since I'm not aware of any nations currently employing industrial means to commit genocide.. the rest (especially gays using it as a residency route) can fook off
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Kafkaesque.. springs to mind
          Karno-esque more like!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X