• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory spat over Cameron's plan to purge Central London of poor people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Family, support, consistency for kids - etc. For those Londoners born and bred and out of work due to circumstances beyond their control, this must be hard to accept.
    If they nave been made redundant or can't work through sickness then surely they should have taken mortgage protection out. If they are renting then look for somewhere cheaper. The flip side is, I live in Rochdale, where it's cheap. I'd like to live in London, where I work but can't afford it. So can the government give me 20k in housing?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Tough £^$%$ - go get a job, any job - if you did not have one for a long time be grateful you can have *any* house paid for yet alone one that costs so much. It's crazy that is even possible - £1600+ per month is NEW LIMIT wtf, if you can't get used to commuting to get a job like millions of people do every day then you don't deserve any money at all.
      A common view, probably. I agree, in essence that this surely has to be done.

Not sure though that it's always that black and white a scenario.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Force the ****ers to live in Swindon.
        Now that would be cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Not sure though that it's always that black and white a scenario.
          Beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Now that would be cruel.
            Or Rochdale...where most people who are unemployed seem to live. There is one area of the town that has an 84% unemployment rate!!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Or Rochdale...where most people who are unemployed seem to live. There is one area of the town that has an 84% unemployment rate!!
              Are the other 16% work as employment advisors?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Good thinking. What we do is get it up to 100% unemployment then declare it a Site of Christian Religious Significance. It will become a magnet to Muslim Terrorists due to its Cultural Importance, and will be blown off the map in double quick time. Then simply rebuild, restock, and retreat quickly. Sorted!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Good thinking. What we do is get it up to 100% unemployment then declare it a Site of Christian Religious Significance. It will become a magnet to Muslim Terrorists due to its Cultural Importance, and will be blown off the map in double quick time. Then simply rebuild, restock, and retreat quickly. Sorted!!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Is it the taxpayer's job to subsidise rental costs to enable the poorest people to live in the most expensive places in the country?

It's bad enough for those who are trying to pay their own way. People are constantly being priced out of areas all over the country, due to gentrification, holiday homes, inflated house prices, etc.
                    I agree that it doesn't seem fair.

It's not however that for some of these people, they were born and bred in the most expensive city in the country, at the lower end of the class scale, with little opportunity of decent education/employment/lifestyle choices.

I'm not defending the general dolescum types. I agree wholeheartedly that the benefits system is a pile of turd.

I just can't help thinking there are genuine cases, and people who will be genuinely worse off if moved away from extended family and support networks.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Now that would be cruel.
                      My old house is up for sale again.

2 bedroom park home for sale in Kingsdown Caravan Park, Swindon, SN25

Comment

Working...
                      X