• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you spend for food in UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does seem a little high for a weekly supermarket bill. Are you sure you are not buying your clothing etc from there too?
    "The Kop's exclusive, an institution, and if you're a member of the Kop you feel you're a member of a society, you've got thousands of friends around you and they're united and loyal"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Evil
      It does seem a little high for a weekly supermarket bill. Are you sure you are not buying your clothing etc from there too?
      This organic rubbish thing which is incredibly overpriced here

Mind you they had a great monkey toy pet in Sainsbury which was the best I have ever seen (for 5 pounds, now discontinued)
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

its a lot of money
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          This organic rubbish thing which is incredibly overpriced here ...
          I think it's disgusting the amount they charge for these things.

Comment

On my farm we grow quite a bit of organic produce, and when in England I get my pies free (it's a hard life but someone has to check product quality).

So my food bill is actually quite low.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you buy fresh food and veg from a farm shop you can lower your food bill but you will have to spend a little time preparing the food. Interspersed with some nice cuts of meat from a local butcher is good as well.

If you are buying processed food (microwave meals, packaged etc) it will cost a fortune.

If you do what Lucifer and I do and prepare all your fresh food, you find that you spend less time eating out.

Also, inviting like-minded friends over for dinner and visa versa makes it more enjoyable.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Do I spend too much?
                I wouldn't touch even with a bargepole anything that has the "Economy" label written on it.
                *bollocks* your kitchen is head to toe in Tesco blue and white stripes......

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  On my farm
                  Threaded old boy - so you're a farmer then?

Clearly you grow some veg, and some some sort of stock too - unless your pies are 100% veggy ones.

Tell me more?

Bogey

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    On my farm we grow quite a bit of organic produce, and when in England I get my pies free (it's a hard life but someone has to check product quality).

So my food bill is actually quite low.
                    So is that a response to the OP question, or a brag about Threaded?

Forgive me for asking.

Comment

T
                      Mind you they had a great monkey toy pet in Sainsbury which was the best I have ever seen (for 5 pounds, now discontinued)
                      How did you cook it?

Comment

Working...
                      X