• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Duty Free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's ok, I get even with them by sometimes parking my car on their car park and then going to local pub without buying anything in their shop, not sure whether it is morally wrong though - maybe you could put my mind to rest?
    Don't be surprised if you get clamped and have to
    Pay a release fee. Moral?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Moral?
      Buy a 20p Sun there and enjoy 2 hours free parking without any feeling of guilt?

Comment

maybe you could put my mind to rest?
        In order for me to put it to rest, it would need to be established that you actually had one! And there has been scant little evidence of this.
        However, as you are essentially carrying out an illegal act, expect to be clamped sooner or later.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          However, as you are essentially carrying out an illegal act, expect to be clamped sooner or later.

I shop there regularly, it's on my local High Street, so I am their customer for sure and this is customer parking ...

Comment

Frankly your business nouse nil.

If you owned a sandwich shop and heard that the council across the road had £500 to spend on sandwiches. You'd go 'bastards!'
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              If you owned a sandwich shop and heard that the council across the road had £500 to spend on sandwiches. You'd go 'bastards!'

Comment

Jeez, you lot don't get any better do you?

In all the noise, Centurion's point that the official language being used against people that seek to minimise their tax bill is as hostile from the current administration as it was from the previous one, is passing you by.

I think the foundations are being laid for making what has long been perfectly acceptable to become unacceptable. I would be worried about that if I were you.

EDIT: Feckitty Feck Feck Feck.

That reminds me. I have to get a tax return off to Hector sharpish. I owe £0 but I still have to send one. I'll probably get a £100 fine now.

Last edited by Gonzo; 23 October 2010, 20:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

That reminds me. I have to get a tax return off to Hector sharpish. I owe £0 but I still have to send one. I'll probably get a £100 fine now.

Got a letter from Hector today, I overpaid and due a refund
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Got a letter from Hector today, I overpaid and due a refund
                    I thought they don't pay back more than a fiver?

Comment

It used to be that in Heathrow duty free electronics in Dixons actually was cheaper to buy than with VAT in the same Dixons, but hat was like 10 years ago ...
                      Dixons Duty Free is not really duty and VAT free. Although they sell cheaper than the high street you will still get a VAT reciept so you can claim an extra 17.5% back.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X