• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye, it's been... emotional, where do I hand in my ID?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    I'm off perm on Monday.

They've only gone given me even more money and made me something called an "Associate Director" too.

Where do I hand in my ID, and am I allowed to continue posting with my sockie ??
    Well, firstly many congrats. Anything approaching those sort of numbers in a stable company is a reassuring place to be.

Word of caution though, I accepted a permanent job of 6 figures plus in 2008 thinking it would be a place where I could grow old disgracefully comfortably. It was amazing how quickly what looked like being an easy wicket turned into a nightmare place to be and I was back contracting within 18 months. That said, well done again and hope it all worked out. If nothing else, you'll be better for the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Well, firstly many congrats. Anything approaching those sort of numbers in a stable company is a reassuring place to be.

Word of caution though, I accepted a permanent job of 6 figures plus in 2008 thinking it would be a place where I could grow old disgracefully comfortably. It was amazing how quickly what looked like being an easy wicket turned into a nightmare place to be and I was back contracting within 18 months. That said, well done again and hope it all worked out. If nothing else, you'll be better for the experience.
      Cheery
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Word of caution though, I accepted a permanent job of 6 figures plus in 2008 thinking it would be a place where I could grow old disgracefully comfortably
        You should have read the small print OS.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Cheery
          Sorry, wasn't meant to sound negative, thought I stressed my congrats a few times. I do think it's worth cautioning that permanent jobs are not always what they are initially cracked up to be and sometimes contractors have difficulty adjusting so best to go in with a balanced outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            I'm off perm on Monday.

They've only gone given me even more money and made me something called an "Associate Director" too.

Where do I hand in my ID, and am I allowed to continue posting with my sockie ??
            For a small monthly fee you can continue posting while permie. The monthly fee is determined by job title. Associate Director is quite high up from memory, will check when I get into the office on Monday

Congrats on the new job, sounds like a winner. You will not be alone here posting as a permie!

Comment

Ditto.

But having gone back contracting... I know miss all that backstabbing. So in the interest of getting back to perm.

I agree with Oracle. He's the man.

What a knob.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
              X