• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents using own umbrella scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what they'd say if you tell them you'll go LTD?

Makes me think of people insisting on paying 'pro-rata'...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I wonder what they'd say if you tell them you'll go LTD?

Makes me think of people insisting on paying 'pro-rata'...
      Talking to the Umbrella about this and they have had this problem with this specific agent before, one option was to go LTD and that could be on the cards, i just don't want all the paperwork that goes with the LTD

Comment

Originally posted by rocketron View Post
        Talking to the Umbrella about this and they have had this problem with this specific agent before, one option was to go LTD and that could be on the cards, i just don't want all the paperwork that goes with the LTD
        a) There's not really that much paperwork
        b) For a couple of hours per month (at most) you'll increase your take home by 10-15% depending on which brolly you're currently with
        c) Get an accountant and they'll do most of it for you anyway.
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by rocketron View Post
          Go Ltd if that's all that's holding you back.

Get a good accountant (see the Accountancy board) and it's not difficult.

Spod, not sure your comment was really necessary, was it?? No wonder we never get any genuine newbies in General.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
          X