• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inflation higher than expected

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Unless said sprog is useful for driving you home from the pub, I would tell them the clear off and buy their own car and insurance with their paper round money
    I wouldn't like to be a teenager these days...(except for the s*x of course) used to be high risks like this were bundled up with good drivers - like when I were a lad - so the premiums were high but affordable...
    Now computerisation seems to allow much narrower focussing of rates tables
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Thank goodness they don't know any better. Boomed.
      are stupid enough to vote Labour
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Does anyone get the impression young people have been handed the tulipty end of the baby boomer/Brown legacy stick? They may never be able to afford to buy a house, car insurance, they come out of university with wide eyes and big debts (whereas we got paid to go) and will have to keep the long lived boomers comfortably in retirement too, and that's yet to kick off. Isn't there some way we could make them pay more for their smartphones too? Oh, yeah, they will likely be on minimum wage. No house, no car, saddled with debt, no prospects. Thank goodness they don't know any better. Boomed.
        Been saying it for ages. It's amazing they're (collectively) too thick to notice, but lucky for us, er, slightly older people
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I've just received my car tax disc renewal reminder, and it's £200 for 12 months. Is inflation rampant or something? How minimum wager earners stay on the road I don't know, perhaps they can't afford to use the buses.

Comment

I've just received my car tax disc renewal reminder, and it's £200 for 12 months. Is inflation rampant or something?
            That's taxes for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I have just had one policy increased by £600 @ year after adding 2nd sprog to the policy...ouch!
              Check out "fronting" - the reason why they are charging you £600 is because the risk profile has considerably gone up - not the risk that said sprog will prang the car on the odd occasion they use it, but the risk that you are basically lying to the insurance company and this is effectively your sprog's insurance under your name.

Whether you are lying or not isn't the point - they've priced it in anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X