• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French say terror attack in UK "highly likely"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    hows it going son ?

Not bad Dad, mum asks if yer going to be up the Kilwilkie road soon.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Not bad Dad, mum asks if yer going to be up the Kilwilkie road soon.
      yep. Dont fancy the main drag though, tell her I'll take her up the back alley

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
        What I don't understand is what these "terrorists" are hoping to achieve. At least with the Northern Ireland and Spain campaigns in years gone by they had a mission which went along the lines of wanting to create their own country. But with the current lot I just don't know what they would measure as success.
        Back in the 1980's they were agitating for their own autonomous region in the NE of England....suppose it's spread a bit wider these days
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Back in the 1980's they were agitating for their own autonomous region in the NE of England....
          So why in the name of all that's holy didn't the rest of you give them it?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            <cough> we did <cough>

there was even a peace treaty

article 1 sub clause 3 'whities will not pee in the mosque doorway on a saturday night'
            article 7 clause 1 'we will not spit in the curry'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So, beware of ze Al-Quaiedaux wiz ze French accents. Zey vill place a beum in ze beus or le train. Or 'opefully, in ze par-lia-ment. And zen zey vill drink champagne and steal ze oysters from ze Fortnum et Masons and 'ave a great feast as ze infidel beurns.

Allez les bleus!

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
                What I don't understand is what these "terrorists" are hoping to achieve. At least with the Northern Ireland and Spain campaigns in years gone by they had a mission which went along the lines of wanting to create their own country. But with the current lot I just don't know what they would measure as success.
                At least the Irish lot were reasonably competent. They actually managed to blow up other people and get away unscathed. I have a feeling that Al-Qaeda have run out of competent terrorists prepared to blow themselves up and the only ones they have left are f**kwits that set fire to their own undies or stick dynamite up their own arses. They haven't really been on form for the last 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I suppose we should have seen the shape of things to come with the burning of bookshops when Rushdie Satanic Verses was published

Seems we can tolerate pretty well anything
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Yes, of course there is. Imagine these people cared more about their religious beliefs than countries or borders, for example. You may not think it logical but you could accept that they do.
                    like scientologists.

Actually, why can't they start their religious war with them instead...

scientologists with expensive lawyers VS islamic extremists with flammable underpants

now that would be amusing

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      scientologists with expensive lawyers VS islamic extremists with flammable underpants
                      Do the undies need to be flammable though? I mean, a couple of sticks of gelignite keeping your wedding tackle company wouldn't appear to be influenced by the combustability of the surrounding garments.

Comment

Working...
                      X