• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear, who'd be a scouser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus we have not width in the team, no wingers. Lots of central players, but not touchline huggers.

We have been crying out for a backup striker for a couple years yet both managers have failed to address this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Plus we have not width in the team, no wingers. Lots of central players, but not touchline huggers.

We have been crying out for a backup striker for a couple years yet both managers have failed to address this situation.
      What do you reckon to the idea of Dalglish returning?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        He's too old and he was never blessed with pace

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I'm torn on this one.

Legend, genius, highly respected. But can he still do it ?

I think he has been out for too long, I have a feeling O'Neil will be in charge at Christmas time. Not my choice, but he can motivate a team.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I'm torn on this one.

Legend, genius, highly respected. But can he still do it ?

I think he has been out for too long, I have a feeling O'Neil will be in charge at Christmas time. Not my choice, but he can motivate a team.
            O'Neill can demotivate one too. Some stories are coming out about fringe players at Villa under him.

I think you are right about Dalglish, he doesn't need to sully his reputation with a comeback. Besides, any manager will be on a hiding to nothing up there until the club sorts out its ownership and finances, especially with the weak squad that Benitez left behind.

As for Hodgson, I've never rated him as a top manager, least of all for England. He does OK with middling clubs though, so given a year, he could turn Liverpool back into a functional team challenging for a UEFA Cup place.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              If Shankly was alive today he'd be turning in his grave.
              Originally posted by Saddo View Post
              Err, being alive usually equates to not being in a grave. Or have I just volunteered myself for the daily tulip award?
              Ahh, but... being dead more usually equates to not turning, at least under self-propulsion. So, technically, it is only actually possible for a person to "turn in his own grave" whilst he is alive (perhaps during a pre-interment measuring session, or following accidental or deliberate pre-demise burial).

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Good experience for the Dippers today for next season - playing Championship level sides.

The Premiership is looking a two horse race between City and Chelsea already.

These Americans sure know how to run a Premiership football club.
                'Dippers'? WTF are you, some kind of wannabe filth, chav or arse fan?
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Out of some deluded expectation of the return long past title glories, they (the fans) forced Houlier out
                  They forced Benetez out
                  Presumably now they will force the board out and the club will go into admin
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 October 2010, 22:31.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Out of some deluded expectation of the return long past title glories, they (the fans) forced Houlier out
                    It will be interesting to see what Houllier does with Villa this season. I always thought highly of Houllier at Anfield despite the fact that he's a frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      They forced Benetez out
                      Presumably now they will force the board out and the club will go into admin
                      In the same way shareholders demand performance, the fans would rather have seen the yanks feck orf than Benitez.

After watching that Gary Lineker programme the other night I'd like to see the whole premiership put on a financial diet, money has ruined the game.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X