• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PIIGS in trouble again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    FTFY
    I've never been to Ireland and have no great desire to do so, although I'm sure it is very nice and windy. Perhaps because the images I have of Ireland all come from the 6 O'clock news.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I've never been to Ireland and have no great desire to do so, although I'm sure it is very nice and windy. Perhaps because the images I have of Ireland all come from the 6 O'clock news.
      Been to Ireland once, Ennis in Co Clare. Loved the place. Would possibly retire there. The cliffs of mohair were excellent (although it was so windy I called them the cliffs of "no hair" - I'm such a card )
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You're kidding, right?
        Sort of; I''m assuming you're smart enough to see that there's a trap for fools in such statements as 'many stock market crashes happen in October´.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

One good reason to visit Ireland is the oyster festival in Galway. Best oysters on earth in Ireland. I don't like drinking guinness with them though, a glass of Bushmills with lots of ice will do me fine.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Been to Ireland once, Ennis in Co Clare. Loved the place. Would possibly retire there. The cliffs of mohair were excellent (although it was so windy I called them the cliffs of "no hair" - I'm such a card )
            I image Ireland to be like New Zealand, but without the nice climate (and bombings).

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Sort of; I''m assuming you're smart enough to see that there's a trap for fools in such statements as 'many stock market crashes happen in October´.
              October 1929
              October 1987
              October 2008

There is a definite trend if you look hard enough Mitch. There is surely no causal link, unless we stray into tin foil hat territory.

It's a bit like saying, if I run across this road I may get knocked down as it's happened three times before, then making it across and saying the three previous times must have been coincidence.

HTH

Comment

October 1929
                October 1987
                October 2008

There is a definite trend if you look hard enough Mitch. There is surely no causal link, unless we stray into tin foil hat territory.

It's a bit like saying, if I run across this road I may get knocked down as it's happened three times before, then making it across and saying the three previous times must have been coincidence.

HTH
                Can you pass another can please Clippy? Look! His mouth is closed and opening like a goldfish now!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Can you pass another can please Clippy? Look! His mouth is closed and opening like a goldfish now!
                  I can take it MF. I get it, you're getting bullied at work and need to take it out anonymously on some internet forum. You carry on, and try and up your game a little.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Catch MF.

I'd say more like a seal what with all the clapping and noise.

Comment

I image Ireland to be like New Zealand, but without the nice climate (and bombings).
                      NZ doesn't have that many bombings. Unless you count froggy Frenchmen coming down to blow up hippy ships.

Comment

Working...
                      X