• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    With a discrete Brabus logo, I hope
    I'm not as rich as Dimprawn yet!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I'm not as rich as Dimprawn yet!
      And if you want to become so, you better not spend your monies on overpowered cars.
      They are fun though.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

And if you want to become so, you better not spend your monies on overpowered cars.
        They are fun though.
        How would an E-Class Brabus handle in the snow?

Would I have to have grown up in Finland, driving Dad's car around on ice from 5 years old, to be able to get to the shops today?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          How would an E-Class Brabus handle in the snow?

Would I have to have grown up in Finland, driving Dad's car around on ice from 5 years old, to be able to get to the shops today?
          I don't know.

Only if Brabus had reprogrammed the traction control system and enabled it to be complete switched off.

As long as you are not a crude fool, you can drive a powerfull RWD slowly in on snow.

Comment

you can see here Brabus - Tuning fr Mercedes-Benz that you only get 462 bhp - should not be unmanageble.

Comment

of course if you opt for this one Brabus - BRABUS Supercars you might have to restrain yourself a bit in snowy conditions

Comment

As long as you are not a crude fool, you can drive a powerfull RWD slowly in on snow.
                I've been doing that with mine recently (and used to with the AMG.) Today it snowed like tulip in the afternoon so I thought I'd bugger off early so I wouldn't have to spend another few hours doing Citroen 2CV speeds on the motorway. The town roads were just pack ice with snow on top and the car would go all over the place but not once did the wheels spin, turn off the traction control. The motorway in places was a bit (lot) snowy but still managed speeds of 150+ so it only took a couple of hours. The only problems were when just round the corner from home where the snow is very deep so the car was bottoming out and the spoiler acting as a snow plough. One thing I don't do is put it in 'S' mode like last week as that was rather scary and don't kick down 2 gears as the back end just decides to not exist anymore...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

can you switch the traction controll off completely?

Comment

A guy at work bought an Alfa, I told him not to after hearing so many bad stories about them over the years, many being new engines needed. Within 2 weeks the brakes started making annoying noises, then it started pulling to the left. At the moment he's getting random warning lights.

The tale of the poster who couldn't get his money back kind of makes sense. I've had 2 Jap cars and the customer service has been exceptional (no arguments, no assuming you are taking the proverbial). Why is that? Because they don't spend all their time dealing with complaints about poor reliability, so when the customer isn't satisfied it's so rare they really want to do something about it. If you know the product is sh1te then the only ways not to go bankrupt is either improve it or pretend it isn't a problem and treat the customer like a nuisance.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X