• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contactor Question for Once!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Been reading the board during the week but unable to post at work.

I finished my first weeks contract last week and I am now on my second week?

I was surprised at how quick I was expected to hit the floor running! I was asked to check their design for the new application database and added as a signatory for sign-off!

Anyway, I had some concerns but signed off as I thought it was best not to rock the board?

My contract question is? Is it best to voice concerns up front or go along with the flow?
    Did you say you experience in database design on your CV?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

"Did you say you experience in database design on your CV? " - I'm a DBA. Don't normally do the design stuff.

Well thanks for the advice. Deffo a difference from being perm. I'm a little nervous about standing out, been out of work for a while before! and this is my first contract so want it to go well!

Not sure I understand the other comments? But thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
      X