• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Car Do You Drive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Any of the "prestige" 4x4's won't be sluggish. Generally they have the engine to match the body weight so you can still shift it when you want to.
    Not looked at MT's link, but I hate the idea of driving a Merc. I'm not old enough, surely.

I agree that if it's not a 'prestige' then it probably won't cut the mustard though - the cheaper models all seem to look a bit like disabled shoes.

Anyone got one of those Volvo things?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Bit on the big side for me Mich. I think only old men are allowed to drive them.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Bit on the big side for me Mich. I think only old men are allowed to drive them.
        Old men drive, young men sit in the back watching the telly.

But aside from the image, big Mercs are indeed an acquired taste, a bit like oysters, champagne and so on. But once you've got used to it, everything else just seems tinny and crappy. And I couldn't give a stuff if people think it's an old man's car.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 21 September 2010, 11:54.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

MP you need a bmw 525 touring - diesel if you need good economy..

I had one and you could take the missus, kids, all your, luggage and the kitchen sink...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            MP you need a bmw 525 touring - diesel if you need good economy..

I had one and you could take the missus, kids, all your, luggage and the kitchen sink...
            I didn't think MP had a missus. Mary, have you joined the other side?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Still got my GT Q2, been eyeing up the Guilietta cloverleaf, but no point getting a new car If we're moving country in the next year.

Lots of boot space in the GT, MP
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Driving my '72 Morris 1800. Drives a dream but only gets 28mpg.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

A red one
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    A red one
                    It goes very well with your eyes...

Comment

I've just noticed you can buy a used BMW M6 for just over £20K.

S.U. Prestige : Massive Spec M6 - Extended Leather, Keyless Go, Logic 7, iPod

A 5.0 V10 car with 514bhp and 0-60 in a tad over 4 seconds.

BMW claims it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds (0-60 mph: 4.1 s [Road & Track [2/06]) and has an electronically limited top speed of 155 miles per hour (249 km/h). With the limiter removed, the top speed can reach 205 miles per hour (330 km/h).
                      Guess what my next car is going to be?

Comment

Working...
                      X