• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I checked the urban dictionary and my profanisaurus to no avail.
    I think it might be a term invented by gricerboy and his chums.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Anyway, have you found out what a 'Knickerbocker Glory' is yet?
      I have done similar research to Zippy, also to no avail. I suspect this particular practice is confined solely to gricer's imagination. At least he's got a name for it.

Oh. Paddy? This is for you:

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Lucky you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, a good way to get over your fears.

As for me, relaxing and taking it easy. Maybe some cooking.
        Thanks Nor. I seriously suspect I will hate it (until afterwards). I hope Mr Pilot Man doesn't mind me shouting my own newly created swearwords.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Thanks Nor. I seriously suspect I will hate it (until afterwards). I hope Mr Pilot Man doesn't mind me shouting my own newly created swearwords.
          You'll love it. It feels much more like flying than being in a big plane, if that makes sense.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm off to the airshow in Southport.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Come on then, tell us what you're up to this weekend?

I have just been told I'm having a flying lesson tomorrow - bought as a 'surprise' for me. A surprise indeed, as I hate being a passenger in a proper, big commercial aircraft, let alone having to be in control of some flying tincan.
              WOW! I've got my first flying lesson tomorrow and I've been told I've got to take a passenger.

I'm bricking it!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                You'll love it. It feels much more like flying than being in a big plane, if that makes sense.
                That's what I'm scared of.

When I flew to Oz, I was quite nervous on boarding, but tried to keep a lid on it as per. As we buckled up, my ex was trying to talk some sense into me, as the nice air stewardess lady came round doing her pre-flight checks. She noticed my pale, sweaty face, and bent down to ask if I was Ok. I mumbled that I wasn't, but would be fine, and she insisted on kneeling down to try to talk me round. Mortifying. She kept pressing me on why I felt so worried, until I was forced to spell out to her that her logic wasn't going to work on my ever vivid imagination.

I tried to quietly explain to her that the problem was, I could vividly imagine a fireball ripping up the middle of the plane, people being whipped away through holes in the side of the plane, and the rest of us hurtling down to our deaths. I think I scared the kid in front of us quite badly.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I took some gliding lessons a couple of years ago. Brilliant stuff. Then along came the credit crunchie bollox and I couldn't afford it for a while. Am busy rebuilding warchest; hopefully start again next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Taking son to University on Saturday.
                    WDBS

......then from Bournemouth, heading off to Brother-in-laws place in Fareham overnight for a few drinkies.
                    Then back to Devon via Bournemouth on sunday (so that Mrs SB can have (yet another) teary farewell. )
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      (so that Mrs SB can have (yet another) teary farewell. )
                      Does she always break into tears when you ...?

Comment

Working...
                      X