• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wilmslowesque mishap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I removeed the 'grain of rice' with a toothpick while Lady Tester shined a torch in my mouth. Turns out it was a lemon seed from some ice tea I drank with my meal.

Fooking excrutiating pain all night as it seems to be infected; must go to dentist again this morning.
    You need to fill your mouth with maggotts, and leave for half an hour.

They'll remove said infection, leaving the wound clean.

OK, the thought of a mouthful of maggotts may make you vomit, but in the long run, that's nothing compared with the searing pain of an abscess, is it?
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      You need to fill your mouth with maggotts, and leave for half an hour.

They'll remove said infection, leaving the wound clean.

OK, the thought of a mouthful of maggotts may make you vomit, but in the long run, that's nothing compared with the searing pain of an abscess, is it?
      Worse than that; I've got a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash, which tastes just like, erm, hydrogen peroxide.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Worse than that; I've got a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash, which tastes just like, erm, hydrogen peroxide.
        Should have gone with the jet of piss
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I see Dr hyperD was right again - the wooden cocktail stick, the amateur surgeon's scalpel.

Linguini is also a pain when you've recently had extractions.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I removeed the 'grain of rice' with a toothpick while Lady Tester shined a torch in my mouth. Turns out it was a lemon seed from some ice tea I drank with my meal.

Fooking excrutiating pain all night as it seems to be infected; must go to dentist again this morning.
            I told you, get on a train NOW!
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

At least your teeth will be lovely and white. What's left of 'em anyway.

Comment

Yesterday I went to the dentist. Aside from the completion of root canal treatment, the extraction of a wisdom tooth was on the agenda. The root canal job passed without incident, as is the norm these days. However, the extraction of the wisdom tooth was a little more difficult. Picture the scene; my dentist, a former Dutch motocross champion with arms like Popeye, twisting the pliers back and forth while I offered as much resistance as my 18 inch neck could muster.

Eventually the wisdom tooth let go and came out, the dentist stumbling backwards as my tooth and his pliers shot out of my mouth together. Luckily without damage to the front teeth.

Now I have a large hole where the roots of the wisdom tooth used to be. Rather naïvely I went to lunch in a nearby Spanish restaurant today and enjoyed a satisfactory, if slightly bland paella. I now have a grain of rice stuck in the hole, and rinse as I may, it won’t come out.
                Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                Book a week in a hospital. You will need it as the rotten rice grain causes an infection that hits your facial nerve and paralyses your face for approximately 10 days.

The hospital will not actually do anything to help but at least you can lose a little weight from being on a diet of NaClH2O via IV for a week.

Or at least that is what happened to my wife when she had her last wisdom tooth pulled.

I still have all mine.
                I have all mine too but one is only partially errupted which has created a 'pocket' where food debris sometimes gets trapped.

It's a nuisance to keep clean and sometimes, if I miss some food, can get inflamed - I bought one of these which helps.

Comment

I have one of these
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I have one of these
                    Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      Any good?
                      I definitely prefer it to flossing. The first time I used it made my gums bleed, but now it's fine, and it definitely gets stuff out. I've stopped waking up thinking someone has taken a tulip in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X