• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did anyone hear....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    yup. a million unopened pieces of mail. how do they know?
    because they counted them and because there were so many they didn't have time to open them
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sounds like we could stop paying tax and it would take them years to figure out. Just to help out we should bombard them with pointless junk mail to slow them down even more

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Sounds like we could stop paying tax and it would take them years to figure out. Just to help out we should bombard them with pointless junk mail to slow them down even more
        I wouldn't be surprised if that would be considered a terrorist act.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if that would be considered a terrorist act.
          Deport him the the US

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            because they counted them and because there were so many they didn't have time to open them
            Maybe we could outsource it?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Imagine trying to write the system that handles tax in this country. It must be a bloody nightmare with the bloated tax system Brown left.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The tax system has been a crock for decades. I believe this has been a deliberate policy by successive governments.

"It's so complicated even we don't understand it but, fck it, any mistakes are YOUR fault"

Chisellers.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Did anyone hear....

I thought everyone and heard.....

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Linky

I think this is the interview that the OP is talking about.
                    Shocking

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      Linky

I think this is the interview that the OP is talking about.
                      Shocking
                      Not the word I would use.

Another thing, why do they use the term 'customers'?
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X