• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brushing your teeth at lunch time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Thats one of the things I've noticed in Germany along with opening the bloody windows and wearing scarves in the office (oh, and beer in the canten.)
    ESOC?

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
      ESOC?
      Many years ago, yeah, then they stopped it so you had to go upstairs to the posh bit and order a couple of bottles of wine. I've had beer in many canteens in Germany, some places even have it in the vending machines
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Many years ago, yeah, then they stopped it so you had to go upstairs to the posh bit and order a couple of bottles of wine. I've had beer in many canteens in Germany, some places even have it in the vending machines
        We have a little on-site shop that sells it.

And a fridge full of it in the office.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I remember whilst stationed in Germany that the local Blood Donation Mob came on camp to collect donations. They would normally, I believe, have given out a monetary payment to donors. However, as we were not allowed to accept any wonga, they gave us a Herfy handbag instead (i.e. a Pack of 10 bottles of Herforder Pils). Result!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

CUK url change

contractorde.com is available as it seems more people here are in Germany than in the UK
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
              contractorde.com is available as it seems more people here are in Germany than in the UK
              It's where the money is;-)
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I have been meaning to comment on this before, I do not understand the need to brush your teeth durung the day in the office, especially when Big Ron is in trap two squirting last nights curry out.
                Someone in work did a massive dump after a curry, really carved up the trap, right up the back, on the seat,etc. But the silly sausage dropped his pass in there on the way out. Rumbled!
                Last edited by aussielong; 27 August 2010, 11:44. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                  Someone in work did a massive dump after a curry, really carved up the trap, right up the back, on the seat,etc. But the silly sausage dropped his pass in there on the way out. Rumbled!

How did you know it was his jobby? Did it have his name on it? He might have been the second customer...
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I have a toothbrush in the office

Brush a few times a day... it relaxes me. I have a rather unhealthy obsession with toothpaste.

My fave thing is on holiday (wherever I am!!) I have to go to the supermarket and see what they have and if there is anything different to what I already have
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Nearly every time I walk into the loo after lunch there's someoneone brushing their teeth.

This never happened back home. Perhaps the food is more corrosive here...
                      Perhaps they're all having lunchtime liaisons. Maybe you're the only one missing out on post prandial nookie.

Comment

Working...
                      X