• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hinckley...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Affectionatley known as Spackers by those of us that have close associations with the community.

Incidentally, there are some very intresting historical facts surrounding Spaxton.
    In the middle of the village exists an old chapel which hasn't been used for the purposes of Christian worship for a good number of years.
    At one point, The chapel was used as a studio by the production team responsible for Ivor the Engine, The Clangers and other such staples of the
    5.35 five minute slot before the daily evening news on the BBC back in the Nineteen Seventies. More interestingly, however, is what is revealed if one delves a little further back in time.
    It turns out that the chapel was once the focal point of a rather bizarre Victorian christian cult who made their home in Spackers. The point of interest surrounding this cult is that all female follwers, upon reaching the
    age of 16, would be de-flowered on the alter by the vicar in front of the whole congregation. Lucky him, I think, though I don't think I'd be able to raise myself to full salute with so many people watching.
    I thought you were "an uphill gardener", surely that would have an impact on your ability to deflower 16-year old girls?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      I thought you were "an uphill gardener", surely that would have an impact on your ability to deflower 16-year old girls?
      You may draw your own inferences as to the exact nature of my sexuality but I prefer it to remain a private matter thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        You may draw your own inferences as to the exact nature of my sexuality but I prefer it to remain a private matter thankyou.
        You've already made it public.

You're a crap sockie.

Comment

We are just outside Hinckley. I consider it a poor man's Loughborough.
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
            We are just outside Hinckley. I consider it a poor man's Loughborough.
            Is that like the Dutch saying "At least Holland is bigger than Belgium"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
              What's good, bad, indifferent about the place?

I'm there, on and off for 6 months.
              Good place, lots to do.
              Last edited by Sockpuppet; 14 December 2013, 18:23.

Comment

I was thinking of Berkley for some reason, another place where there's a nuclear power station. Do they all end in "kley".

Berkeley nuclear power station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I was thinking of Berkley for some reason, another place where there's a nuclear power station. Do they all end in "kley".

Berkeley nuclear power station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  Wylfa

Winfrith

Sellafield

Hunterston

Dounreay

Trawsfynydd

Dungeness

Bradwell

Hartlepool

Torness

Chapelcross

Calder Hall

Heysham

Erm.... Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                    D'oh! I thought it was a little arse of a place between Birmingham, Nuneaton and Leicester.

I was struggling with the something nice bit. Bad and indifferent posed no problems.
                    I thought it was just a motorway services on the way from that London to somewhere altogether more civilised.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Trawsfynydd
                      Isn't that Welsh for a shemale?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X