• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PGP Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    In my experience if you force the issue and start chasing them to start using PGP they back away sharpish!

Various companies have tried to do this in the past (they had a very high opinion of their data - no one else did!).

In the end no one could be bothered to continue encrypting.

T
    It's not me who wants to do this; it's all driven from them. I think someone at the top has had a 'bright' idea and the proles have to do their bidding. It'll probably be forgotten by the end of next week.

Nothing I do would warrant any serious security. I take market data; do my doings; produce some tables, charts and write some old toot; and send it on to punters. What they do with it is purely up to them. Yeah, it's goods for sale, but doesn't need encryption. Sending encrypted files around is likely to attract attention and I could do without that thank you.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Whoever has chosen PGP has probably just finished reading Stieg Larsson's Girl with the dragon tattoo as its mentioned in there a bit

Comment

Working...
      X