• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England Governor warns that Britons face higher inflation for longer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that's it, that's the straw that finally broke the camel's back, I plan to move out of this hell hole of depression and go somewhere more stable and economically sound run by some others than that the bunch of clowns named Merv and Osbourne... like Germany..

oh, hold on, I already did

so, in that case..

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      well that's it, that's the straw that finally broke the camel's back, I plan to move out of this hell hole of depression and go somewhere more stable and economically sound run by some others than that the bunch of clowns named Merv and Osbourne... like Germany..

oh, hold on, I already did

so, in that case..

Bit unfair to blame Ozzy for all this, shirley?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Imagine if house prices didn't carry on rising. The inflationary pressure caused by low interest rates would presumably burst forth somewhere else and flood low lying areas. But I may have taken that metaphor a bridge too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Bit unfair to blame Ozzy for all this, shirley?
          I'm sure deep in the deepest, dankiest cubicle in McRuin's bunker #2 he's writing the very same big words in his new novel: Broon - How I Saved The World and his followup: It Started In America.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

oh FFS, shutit you whiners - it's deflation that's the real problem: just imagine what would happen if fuel went back down to 70p per liter as 10 years ago, or food did not cost as much and it would be totally terrible if pint of beer in a pub would drop back down to £2.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              oh FFS, shutit you whiners - it's deflation that's the real problem:
              Yep, I get that after eating beef stew or cabbages. Bloody scary sometimes.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Yep, I get that after eating beef stew or cabbages. Bloody scary sometimes.
                Beef stew? I only get it from beans. Cabbages might work too, I've never eaten a whole tin of cabbages.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Beef stew? I only get it from beans. Cabbages might work too, I've never eaten a whole tin of cabbages.
                  Curried beans with onions and garlic and a sprinkling of prunes, lentils and diced cabbage.

Try farting with confidence in a public place after that lot!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    oh FFS, shutit you whiners - it's deflation that's the real problem: just imagine what would happen if fuel went back down to 70p per liter as 10 years ago, or food did not cost as much and it would be totally terrible if pint of beer in a pub would drop back down to £2.
                    Or house prices dropped so much that most borrowers were in negative equity or that the investments of your pension funds dropped so that payments to the old had to be reduced.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Beef stew?
                      It's murder in my house if I put pearl barley in.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X