• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NatWest Three claim guilty plea was extracted under duress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They can't be because they committed crime in another jurisdiction whilst being present here.
    That's kind of the point. Wire fraud isn't on the UK statue so the CPS should have found something to charge them with in the UK instead of washing their hands of it.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      That's kind of the point. Wire fraud isn't on the UK statue so the CPS should have found something to charge them with in the UK instead of washing their hands of it.
      Wire fraud is just US name for all kinds of fraud that is done remotely - UK books cover fraud perfectly, what they don't cover is when someone actually steals money from people in other countries, that does not mean such behavior should be in any way encouraged - it's good thing US goes after those guys and it's a shame UK does not give a tulip about white collar crime.

Comment

Working...
      X