• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 out of 5 new jobs go to foreigners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post

In Belgium you get 750 EUR on the dole.

Unskilled jobs pay around 1500-1600 EUR, after taxes, you get 800-900 EUR.

People are not idiots, and they realize that, for 150 Euros more, ain't worth it.

The root cause of all this is welfarism. Welfarism must be scrapped if the decay of Western societies has to be stopped.
    Said it before, and I'll probably say it again. Like it or not, this is the future.

In fifty years, barring some major calamity, hardly anyone, skilled or unskilled, will be working. All the useless make-work jobs in the World, and those jobs that aren't futile today, will vanish one by one.

So the questions then will be who gets how much dole, and where will it come from, and who gets to live in the nice areas. How do you judge someone's worth when there's absolutely nothing they can do half as well as a machine, and probably a dirt cheap machine at that, apart from maybe the energy to run it? And the same will be true of almost everyone, stupid or smart, talented or useless, bone lazy or manically energetic.

This isn't pie in the sky speculation either. It will soon be all too real, as a moment's thought will convince anyone with an ounce of common sense.

A related problem will be how to deal with hordes of smart, energetic, and probably guilt-ridden, people with nothing worthwhile to do - "The Devil makes work for idle hands". God knows, there are enough do-gooding busibodies around as it is; but I suspect that is nothing to the absurd heights of meddling and supervision we'll see when that time comes. Everyone will be herded and chivvied around like a lot of schoolkids the way things are going.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I notice it's all the £500 a day contractors who are quick to criticise the general working population for their lack of foresight and preparation, a vast majority of people in this country are living month to month on an ever tighter budget and contrary to popular CUK belief they aren't all innumerate feckless idiots living on credit.

You lot just aren't competing with that sort of competition at your 'heady' level, it's tough out there so show a little humility FFS.
      Some of us have been there, done that and got the unfortunate t-shirt.

So, No, I don't feel sympathetic towards someone who's never worked a day in their life and whinges about welfare. Most people haven't a clue how to get by on minimum wage and yet some of us manage it. It's called living well within your means and doing without luxuries. Though these days, what people call necessities, can easily be classified as luxuries.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Some of us have been there, done that and got the unfortunate t-shirt.

So, No, I don't feel sympathetic towards someone who's never worked a day in their life and whinges about welfare. Most people haven't a clue how to get by on minimum wage and yet some of us manage it. It's called living well within your means and doing without luxuries. Though these days, what people call necessities, can easily be classified as luxuries.
        I'm not sure where you are coming from? I don't think people who have never worked whinge about welfare do they? I was championing the the vast majority who do work for a modest income yet struggle on despite what must seem like the whole world conspiring against their efforts.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
          There are those of us of course who would actually prefer that those much like your good self with looks that should come with an 18 age restriction, remain safely in your bedsit, out of sight and mind of us normal hard working British people.
          Once again..............in English this time. There's a good chap.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Thats a bit elitist Mich, I never went to university/poly as I chose to go straight into an aerospace apprenticeship.

Do you find my grammar/spelling to be of a low standard?
            I also never went to higher education, started work at 17, yet I have never had any complaints. There again, I had a proper, early, education in the colonies My son seems to excel at English yet is German and educated to German levels, he can probably write better than most English educated teenagers of his age and articulate himself better (although he refuses to speak English with me!)

Maybe its just the education system. I remember when in my final year at school we were taught how to write covering letters, which I haven't done now for over 20 years, how to prepare and dress for an interview and how to act during an interview. They probably don't do that anymore but just point people at the nearest dole office...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They want foreigners in Germany now
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
                In Belgium you get 750 EUR on the dole.

Unskilled jobs pay around 1500-1600 EUR, after taxes, you get 800-900 EUR.

People are not idiots, and they realize that, for 150 Euros more, ain't worth it.

The root cause of all this is welfarism. Welfarism must be scrapped if the decay of Western societies has to be stopped.
                Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Said it before, and I'll probably say it again. Like it or not, this is the future.

In fifty years, barring some major calamity, hardly anyone, skilled or unskilled, will be working. All the useless make-work jobs in the World, and those jobs that aren't futile today, will vanish one by one.

So the questions then will be who gets how much dole,

What a load of tosh.

Do we believe the majority of society will choose to exist this way?

I have pride in myself and a strong desire to achieve. Opportunities don't land on your lap, you invent them...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Excellent. I'd love to do another stint in Germany.

Auf weidersein pet...

Comment

Working...
                  X