• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    No I don't - I have far more important things to consider such as making search more relevant and faster while reducing disk requirements.
    That's a dangerously short-sighted attitude, my boy.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      No I don't - I have far more important things to consider such as making search more relevant and faster while reducing disk requirements.
      And thus Google was born - NOT!

Geeks fail in business almost all the time because they don't see the value (or lack thereof) of what they are doing. They just see a technical problem.

Without Steve Jobs (business brain), Steve Wozniak (geek brain) would be working in a TV repair shop now.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        That's a dangerously short-sighted attitude, my boy.
        It is the minimal necessary goalpost that is required for success. What's good in business plan if product is sh1t?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          The Woz certainly had a truly unique approach to floppy disk drives...
          I'm a great admirer of Woz - but you have to admit that he was no businessman.

Remember the IWM (Integrated Woz Machine) - probably the first LSI multifunction processor support chip (for the 6502, no less)?

Ah, geekdom!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            It is the minimal necessary goalpost that is required for success. What's good in business plan if product is sh1t?
            Multi-tasking, my young padawan. You need to consider all, not just one aspect of the project at all times.

Sure, if the product is cr@p it doesn't matter much (although not always, e.g. McDonalds) but, on the other hand, it doesn't matter how whizzy the product is if no one wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
              I want to take your ass and propel it to the stars.
              I always knew deep down you were a Liberal Democrat
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                Sure, if the product is cr@p it doesn't matter much (although not always, e.g. McDonalds) but, on the other hand, it doesn't matter how whizzy the product is if no one wants it.
                I would strongly recommend you not to engage into any risky business since you clearly lack confidence and abilities to see it through

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  I would strongly recommend you not to engage into any risky business since you clearly lack confidence and abilities to see it through
                  Thanks, maestro. Good tip that I'll bear in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Arrogance, hostility and ineptitude in equal measure - the ultimate sales pitch!

Surely this boy go far

p.s. Looked at your C# code for the HTML parser and it...

SUCKS BIG TIME!

More magic number than Mystic Meg's lotto predictions!

As for your unsafe code optimisations

Sorry, didn't want to get personal, but get your head out of your arse and listen to the people on this forum that might actually know a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      How do you come to that conclusion, from being advised to look at all aspects of a project? It is clear from some of your recent comments that you are beginning to lose the plot. There are some very experienced people here who have seen it all. And yes some of us were reading Knuth when your mother was wiping snot off your nose.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X