• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New look at City bonuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What I don't get is why owners of Barclays and other banking shares allow their management to pocket vast majority of profits.
    Well it's good to know you respond to being called cretin. Subconsciously you must know its true.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

So why Barclays share are so artificially high?
      If you think they're artificially high why don't you short them, you dirty spekulant?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        If you think they're artificially high why don't you short them, you dirty spekulant?

You're introducing logic into this? You might blow one of his Soviet circuits.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Banks aren't the highest yielding shares at the moment, this is true, but they have done quite well over the last few years. They also tend to make money during hard times, unlike most other companies.

QUOTE.FOOL.CO.UK

QUOTE.FOOL.CO.UK

QUOTE.FOOL.CO.UK

QUOTE.FOOL.CO.UK

They are also fairly safe, ironically, as recent events have proven that governments aren't going to let the big ones fail.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            You still don't get that the ******* MARKET SETS VALUE.
            YOU ARE NOT THE ******* MARKET. MORON.
            Dirty spekulants more like it

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              They also tend to make money during hard times, unlike most other
              Profits? Have you factored in BONUSES which are COSTS ffs, profit is what's left after that and paid to investors via dividends or retained in company. They don't pay much because (in my view) they take cash (real profit) as bonuses and fake paper profits books on speculative worthless assets are "retained" in the company, that's why dividends are feck all - there is simply no more money left in the pot to pay actual owners.

It's not like banks are technology companies that can massively increase share value overnight - the growth in value of shares is modest at best and it goes in cycles (look at BARC shares in the last 10 years).
              Last edited by AtW; 9 August 2010, 14:51.

Comment

Profits? Have you factored in BONUSES which are COSTS ffs, profit is what's left after that and paid to investors via dividends or retained in company. They don't pay much because (in my view) they take cash (real profit) as bonuses and fake paper profits books on speculative worthless assets are "retained" in the company, that's why dividends are feck all - there is simply no more money left in the pot to pay actual owners.

It's not like banks are technology companies that can massively increase share value overnight - the growth in value of shares is modest at best and it goes in cycles (look at BARC shares in the last 10 years).
                Tell you what AtW - you leave the bank shares well alone then, eh?
                Plough your share of the £100K you've made over 6 years back into your company. Make sure to leave some money over for your rent and pot noodles, you hear.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

RBS were paying very healthy divvies up until the crisis, so were Lloyds, Barclays & HSBC weren't far behind.

I think we can expect to see 5%+ out of the latter two (who didn't take money from the state) again in the next year or two.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I think we can expect to see 5%+ out of the latter two (who didn't take money from the state) again in the next year or two.
                    Yes, 5% that's massive

I was getting 5%+ on my savings account in "good times" (before QE and negative interest rates) ffs - why take extra risk with those shares then?

Comment

[QUOTE=AtW;1179480]Yes, 5% that's massive

I was getting 5%+ on my savings account in "good times" (before QE and negative interest rates) ffs - why take extra risk with those shares then?[/QUOTE]

OMG ROTFL!
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X