• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sherlock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a reason why the BBC repeats certain shows the same week but doesn't do the same for flagship dramas?

My sky planner bombed out and cleared itself Sunday morning so it didn't record, I'm still receiving counselling for the trauma.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Is there a reason why the BBC repeats certain shows the same week but doesn't do the same for flagship dramas?

My sky planner bombed out and cleared itself Sunday morning so it didn't record, I'm still receiving counselling for the trauma.
      Try the iPlayer?
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I liked it. Will watch again.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Try the iPlayer?
          I know but the (non HDMI) laptop isn't ideal for family viewing nor can I be bothered to download and stream, why can they just repeat on BBC 3/4 like so many other shows?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I know but the (non HDMI) laptop isn't ideal for family viewing nor can I be bothered to download and stream, why can they just repeat on BBC 3/4 like so many other shows?
            Thought you had a PS3?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Can your TV take one of these?:
              6m Integrated VGA & Sound cable 15 pin SVGA Monitor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                it was okay, i think i expected too much, i wanted the plot to be a bit better, i think jonathan woss has taken all of the bbc's money
                BBC 1 Sunday evening... how much can you expect?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Thought you had a PS3?
                  Xbox 360, I have to download to PC and stream which I may do but it's a hassle.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Yes but a repeat would be easier!

Comment

Enjoyed the 1st episode of this short series very much. Will def be watching next week.

Music like Dexter? Anyone think that?

Some funny bits, Sherlock is a great character though.

Set V+ and Sky+ to record.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X