• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuclear response from North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    Blame the Mericans, they built and used them. WHo can blame other nations for wanting the technology to 'protect themselves'. Part of me thinks every country should have nukes, so we can all sit down and every nation can speak and be and listened to on an equal level. Who would be a fool to use a nuke when every nation has them? And if someone did, and the whole world went up in nuclear smoke, maybe we as a race deserve it for being so....human?
    If you had a son in the armed forces during WW2 and had seen the appalling casualties (50,000 US) from taking Okinawa & knew that the next stop was mainland Japan.
    What would you say if someone told you that by dropping just two bombs it could all be over in a couple of weeks without having to force a landing on mainland Japan?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      If you had a son in the armed forces during WW2 and had seen the appalling casualties (50,000 US) from taking Okinawa & knew that the next stop was mainland Japan.
      What would you say if someone told you that by dropping just two bombs it could all be over in a couple of weeks without having to force a landing on mainland Japan?
      How many civillians lost their lives in Hiroshima (let alone Nagasaki). Was it more than 50,000?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        How many civillians lost their lives in Hiroshima (let alone Nagasaki). Was it more than 50,000?
        Less civilians that were killed in Germany from Allied bombing campaigns, those did not serve much purpose apart from prolonging nazi regime as it was able to exploit such bombings to unite population.

Smarter bombings on targets like ball bearing plants were, sadly, too rare to have massive effect on German military production.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Originally posted by JRO
          "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
          Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a neccessary evil - a massive show of might. It gave Japan a way of backing down without losing too much face.

Comment

Working...
          X