• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inception

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    A lot of people are saying that Inception is the greatest film they've ever seen, and that the final frames are more effective than the end of Citizen Kane.
    What... even better than 'Kick-ass'??
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Did you have a little sniffle at the end?
      I did the manly cough which they were talking about on Kermode and Mayo last week.

Wonderful film and amazing trilogy. Time will tell which gets to be classed as a true classic - Inception or Toy Story 3.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I know! What would Hit Girl say about that?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Not IMO. Kick-Ass ... now that really is a good film!

DVD not out until September

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            I know! What would Hit Girl say about that?
            "Shows over motherhumpers"

Thoroughly enjoyable, it's not often I can watch the same film the very next day.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

*Spoilers*

I enjoyed it. Great visuals, great concepts, belivable "explaining away" the science behind what doesn't exist. But I do understand why some people don't like it. I too have a very very small nagging feeling in the back of mind that it wasn't actually very ... meaningful. It wasn't like they were saving a nation or the world or the remains of humanity or nothing. Just some crims doing a (reverse) heist that goes wrong, actually not very wrong at all since not one of them really died!

Nevertheless, very good movie.

My question is, I paid once to see it at the cinema. Can I now go and "illegally" download it. As long as I don't share it surely this is alright, after all those images are somewhere in my subconcious memory I just want a reminder of memories that already belong to me

Comment

Originally posted by nfoote View Post
                My question is, I paid once to see it at the cinema. Can I now go and "illegally" download it. As long as I don't share it surely this is alright, after all those images are somewhere in my subconcious memory I just want a reminder of memories that already belong to me
                er no
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  er no
                  'snow fun.

I thought of another reason why I liked Inception too, the music. I've always said that sound is just as important as visuals in building an atmosphere and creating an emotional response in people. I'm so glad that for ONCE a film has used the awesome emotive music from its trailer in the actual movie! The score all the way through Inception was excellent and definitely helped build the scale of things (beyond what it otherwise might have been as I said before in regards to it being just a bank hesit movie).

Comment

Well I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. Would not rate it as a classic, but it passed a couple of hours in Milton Keynes for me, so gets extra points for that alone.
                    It had just enough eccentricity about it to keep you thinking a bit, but not so much that you would need to watch it 2-3 times before unravelling all the twists.
                    Another bonus was that I was not, on this occasion, accompanied by Mrs SB. This is the sort of film she loves, but in order for her to enjoy it she feels the need to constantly nag me for confirmation that she has grasped all of the intricacies of a swirling plot. A process which can last days beyond the end of the movie.
                    Liked Toy Story 3 too, which I saw the day before. Good trilogy, but in my opinion not quite as enjoyable as the Ice Age films.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Inception Infographic

Source.

Comment

Working...
                      X