• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many computers do you have?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    How could I forget? Just found one of these in the loft. Up to 8 now.

That's not what you think it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      How could I forget? Just found one of these in the loft. Up to 8 now.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      That's not what you think it is...
      Bad man...

http://www.pugo.org/media/grafik/hotlink.jpe
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Bloody whingers; getting all precious about pictures of a Commodore 64.

Anyway, does a Wii count?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          WHS

2 laptops
          PS3
          Wii
          Sky+ box
          smart phones
          PSP
          Network enabled laser printer
          + all the electronic wizardry in 2 modern cars

feck it, even a modern games controller is probably a computer in its own right!
          I think that he meant computers and not toys.

5 x Sun SPARC
          3 x Sun x86
          1 x IBM AIX P550
          1 x IBM AIX HMC
          4 x Linux servers of different types
          1 x not doing anything much
          3 x Windows servers (toys)
          2 x laptops
          1 x HP HP-UX desktop

Plus the usual network stuff

Comment

My Nokia N95 calls itself a computer rather than a phone. It doesn't tell you how to make a phone call until page 90-odd of the manual. So it & the iPod touch both got counted.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              My Nokia N95 calls itself a computer rather than a phone. It doesn't tell you how to make a phone call until page 90-odd of the manual. So it & the iPod touch both got counted.
              I don't consider my N95 a computer. It's not really been much of a phone either since the day it made a funny smell and died.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                I always get a dissapointed look from the salesman when I buy mobile phones.

Salesman; 'what do you want to do with it?'

MTT; 'talk to people on the phone'

Salesman; 'are there any particular features you might need'

MTT; 'yes, the ability to make and recieve phone calls'

Salesman; 'do you want bluetooth?'

MTT; 'no, I have a collection of white teeth which are quite adequate for biting and chewing my food'

Salesman; 'do you not want to receive e-mails and transfer data to and from your PC?'

MTT; 'no, not really, I just want to talk to people on the phone; is that really so difficult?'

Salesman; 'would you like a particular colour? Do you want a clamshell model or a foldy outy or a straightforward model?'

MTT; 'a cheap one that makes phone calls'

Salesman; 'but that's not good for your image Sir'

MTT; 'sod that, I just want to make phone call; it's not as if the people I'm talking to can see me'

Salesman; 'oh, but they can if you have a built in webcam'

MTT; 'all the more reason why I don't want one of those'

Salesman; 'well, we have this one (the most basic Nokia); will that do?'

MTT; 'Yes'

Salesman; 'would you like a belt holder and headphones with that'

MTT; 'no, just sell me a ******* telephone'

Salesman; 'there's no need to get angry about it'

bla bla bla bloody bla

Comment

I have a mac & a PC

Comment

Lawyer friends used to have to search high and low for phones that didn't have integrated cameras - because mobile phones are allowed in court but cameras aren't. I expect they've given up now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      You wrote the script for that very scene in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" didn't you?
                      erm?

is it on youtube?

Comment

Working...
                      X