• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never put the seat back, but I do like to shift my leg (and bum) positions and pressure points quite often. Once such position is the knees on the seat in front position, but I increase the pressure slowly and I'm not sure whether this is still noticed. I recall once, on a long bus ride across Australia, being astounded at unfidgety one guy on the bus was. I don't think he moved his legs for the entire journey. I'm not one of those.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 5 July 2010, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      I have been on 2 European flights in the last month of so, under 1 1/2hrs duration each time.

On a least one journey each the passenger in front has decided to tilt their seat back crushing my legs in the process.

Now I know I cannot stop them doing this, other than giving them the knees in the back of the seat treatment, but why do they do this - why do they not have any consideration for the people behind them ?

I would never do this. So rude it makes me mad
      Fly Business Class you peasant! If you don't like your seat UPGRADE! Thats what being a contractor is all about.

Now where the hell is my complimentary bubbly!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ryanair have hit on a solution - standing up, holding on to a bar for dear life. Or as Ryanair call it 'vertical seating' O’Leary is such a comedian.

Ryanair looking at standing 'seats,' pay toilets - thestar.com

Comment

The guy once complained about me putting my seat back on an overnight flight, the stewardess told me the seat must be broken.

She shut up when I told her I was going to complain to the aviation authorities that they were flying with unsafe seating.

Comment

I once did a flight to Thailand with the missus. Stop over at Dubai. So roughly 14 hours. So was also a night flight.

A few hours in the missus tried to put the seat back, a second later it was pushed up. She tried again, same result. I then put mine back, same again. Anyway it was early in the flight so thought the people behind were being awkward. After lunch the lights went out, and so late at night I put my seat back. It was pushed back very forcibly.

Me, being me. Jumped out of my seat and leant over, and very loudly said, 'If you push my fcking seat back once more!!!!! and pointed forcibly'. It was loud and about a dozen people looked over. Behind me, was a couple about 60, he was probably 6'2' and she was tall at 6', both of them had their OWN SEATS BACK!! and he said 'I don't have enough room'. With eyes popping out of my head and using some restraint I called the steward who proceeded to tell them, that all seats went back and if they didnt like it they should have upgraded!!

Then to make a point they put their seats up and kneed us both before and after the stop. At Dubai he had another go, saying I was selfish. I may have told up to go copulate with himself!!!

I only fly Business now.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              The guy once complained about me putting my seat back on an overnight flight, the stewardess told me the seat must be broken.

She shut up when I told her I was going to complain to the aviation authorities that they were flying with unsafe seating.
              This really happened.

Comment

I find waiting until they are about to take a sip of their drink and then giving the seat a good shove under the guise of getting up works. If I have the family with me I'll swap seats with my son and let him drum his feet on the back of the chair in front until they get the message.

If that fails, I'll go for fully opening the air vent and pointing it forwards until it directs a sharp draft down their neck (sometimes requires a bit of inventiveness with the in-flight magazine until the air goes where you want it to).
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

This is terrible. Some of you people will be stating you go on package holidays next.

I thought this was a contractor site. It seems to me I've stumbled onto a New Labour Benefits site!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    This is terrible. Some of you people will be stating you go on package holidays next.
                    I went on my last package holiday in 2003... A lovely spanish fishing village, good beaches and a few bars nearby.
                    Turned out to be ******* magaluf

Never again

Would have had a better holiday renting a flat in a council estate
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
                      Still preferable to a week in a caravan park with the in-laws!!

******* **** off you ******* ******* ******* ******!

Comment

Working...
                      X