• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency will not pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    They like a bit of rough with hair gel and buckles
    It's the uni-brow the cross-eyes and the orange skin tone I dont understand.
    But ........whatever turns them on!

Comment

[still_off_topic]

Not sure if she mates with Agents though

You talking 'bout me?
      I don't mind agents, as long as they are a bit on the dishonest side (plenty to choose from then) and not afraid to bend the rules.... in my favour of course.

I am sure Dodgy is a very good agent in that respect. We all know he has a business plan currently which he is implementing. Now that's not something you see with every agent. Kudos and respect are due here.

Having said that, the hair gel and buckles look..... no. I see plenty of that in the insurance world in which I have the misfortune to gravitate these days. I believe this look is also called "barrow boy", only it is barrow boy who has turned a bit old and paunchy.

But I am sure Dodgy wears his hat with class and does not wear buckles and hair gel, and hopefully not because of lack of hair.....
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

The Gel is for his hair?
        I thought he was in need of lubicant

Comment

Write a final demand letter giving them 7 days to cough up and failing that you will lodge papers with the small claims court to recover the money owed to you.

As long as everything is as you say it is the agents really dont have a leg to stand on. As the old saying goes, give em an inch and they'll take a foot and before you know it you wont have a leg to stand on!

Also, who are these dodgy scum who are refusing to pay you?

Mailman

Comment

NMA, sorry to hear about both situations - girlfriend and contract!

You have been given good advise so far - the best being get a contract solicitor. It seems you are on good terms with the end client so see if you can get, in writing, confirmation that they have paid the agency. That will eliminate one variable.

Once you have that, ensure you have a clear understanding of when payment was due. Write to the agency and notify them that you require payment in 7 days and that you will charge interest for late payment. Refer to www.payontime.co.uk

Take a look at my thread "The story continues" to see what I did in a similar situation. My contract was directly with the end client and no agency was involved. If you want any specific input let me know.

As Mailman says, be prepared for a fight. I went to see my Bank. They agreed an overdraft (based on money owed) so that I could draw money from my Company in the interim period - that eliminated some of the stress.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
              NMA, sorry to hear about both situations - girlfriend and contract!

You have been given good advise so far - the best being get a contract solicitor. It seems you are on good terms with the end client so see if you can get, in writing, confirmation that they have paid the agency. That will eliminate one variable.

Once you have that, ensure you have a clear understanding of when payment was due. Write to the agency and notify them that you require payment in 7 days and that you will charge interest for late payment. Refer to www.payontime.co.uk

Take a look at my thread "The story continues" to see what I did in a similar situation. My contract was directly with the end client and no agency was involved. If you want any specific input let me know.

As Mailman says, be prepared for a fight. I went to see my Bank. They agreed an overdraft (based on money owed) so that I could draw money from my Company in the interim period - that eliminated some of the stress.

Good Luck!

Good advice from everyone, even Dodgy has a point (even though its a cynical one )

The best thing you can do now is

a) Talk to bank and arrange facilities so that money isn't an issue
              b) Sort things out with the gf and find a contract that is friendly to your situation
              c) Put the original matter into solictors hands and let them deal with it, you won't get very far on your own but you will end up letting it rule your life. Let the professionals deal with it - in the long run it'll be cheaper

Comment

Working...
              X