• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    So you think it's juvenile to insist on correct grammar and spelling on an official press release?
    You cretins make me laugh.

Don't make yourself look more stupid than you actually are.

What contribution have you got to make regarding the actual 'news' other than grammar ?

I thought you were a computer expert and not an English teacher.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      PlayStation 3's Cell CPU achieves 204 GFLOPS single precision float and 15 GFLOPS double precision.
      We use a lot of RAM (72 GB in each of those boxes) and storage (24 TB raw, with expansion option).

Intel Linpack was used - Intel - our results come straight from running it on individual nodes rather than whole cluster which consists of identical nodes (more or less).

Hired new IT person today - full time permanent job naturally, but he did a bit of contracting for us

Comment

But what does it actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          But what does it actually do?

My understanding is that this impresive computerpower its dedicated to calculáting the England managers compensation package - in Sterling, Lira and Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            My understanding is that this impresive computerpower its dedicated to calculáting the England managers compensation package - in Sterling, Lira and Euros.
            So it needs 1TB of RAM to hold all the zeroes.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

As I have said before there is no need to hold all this raw data when the major search engines are quite happy for you to search through theirs yourself.

You could knock a simple application up in a day which does exactly the same as SKA, and better.

Comment

Great so you've just spent a whole load of someone else's money. Any ROI?

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Congrats AtW. The specs look very impressive. I havent had the opportunity to look at a super computer so I am not sure if your achievement deserves high merit but nevertheless that is a good show.

Ignore the usual juvenile comments about grammar and spelling.
                Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Don't make yourself look more stupid than you actually are.

What contribution have you got to make regarding the actual 'news' other than grammar ?

I thought you were a computer expert and not an English teacher.

I leave the congregation to judge which contribution to the news that AtW has just spent a whole lot of money on his business is more relevant.
                FA by name, sweet FA by contribution
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hey! What is that guy doing with the Internet? Are you insane? What if he drops it?

Comment

I leave the congregation to judge which contribution to the news that AtW has just spent a whole lot of money on his business is more relevant.
                    FA by name, sweet FA by contribution
                    I had a massive crap just now. Not that anyone but me would be interested, but I wanted to share that with you. Press release attached.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I had a massive crap just now. Not that anyone but me would be interested, but I wanted to share that with you. Press release attached.

I'd check that press release for you but I can't see it on this forum (iE6)
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X