• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad.

I bought a new laptop last month. I don't remember doing a press release for it though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You can find official press release here.
      Congratulations however, you could make better money by using the servers to run a Web-cam site and hiring some Eastern European Girls
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Congrats AtW. The specs look very impressive. I havent had the opportunity to look at a super computer so I am not sure if your achievement deserves high merit but nevertheless that is a good show.

Ignore the usual juvenile comments about grammar and spelling.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Oi AtW, I piss on your super-computer, I've got an absolutely-brilliant-computer at home!

Comment

Nice one AtW.

I could do with some kit like that. However, just what it would do for the remaining 23 hours, 59 min and 59 seconds of the day I do not know.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

hey Alexey,

have you installed network doom on there yet ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Ignore the usual juvenile comments about grammar and spelling.
                So you think it's juvenile to insist on correct grammar and spelling on an official press release?
                You cretins make me laugh.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The new cluster boasts almost 1TB of RAM, and a raw Hard Drive capacity of 300TB. It is built on the new six core Intel Xeon X5670 (2.93 Ghz) Processors.

The Cluster runs bespoke software, which will enable Majestic to increase the speed of production of its Trillion-Scale Backlinks index – which Majestic believe is the largest publicly available index of its type.

Each node in the 12 node Cluster was tested with Intel Linpack benchmark to produce in excess of 130 GFLOPS each with total processing capacity in excess of 1.5 TFLOPs.

PlayStation 3 hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The PS3 uses the Cell microprocessor, which is made up of one 3.2 GHz PowerPC-based "Power Processing Element" (PPE) and six accessible Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). A seventh runs in a special mode and is dedicated to aspects of the OS and security, and an eighth is a spare to improve production yields. PlayStation 3's Cell CPU achieves 204 GFLOPS single precision float and 15 GFLOPS double precision.

So about the same as 5 playstations then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The new cluster boasts almost 1TB of RAM, and a raw Hard Drive capacity of 300TB. It is built on the new six core Intel Xeon X5670 (2.93 Ghz) Processors.

The Cluster runs bespoke software, which will enable Majestic to increase the speed of production of its Trillion-Scale Backlinks index – which Majestic believe is the largest publicly available index of its type.

Each node in the 12 node Cluster was tested with Intel Linpack benchmark to produce in excess of 130 GFLOPS each with total processing capacity in excess of 1.5 TFLOPs.

PlayStation 3 hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The PS3 uses the Cell microprocessor, which is made up of one 3.2 GHz PowerPC-based "Power Processing Element" (PPE) and six accessible Synergistic Processing Elements (SPEs). A seventh runs in a special mode and is dedicated to aspects of the OS and security, and an eighth is a spare to improve production yields. PlayStation 3's Cell CPU achieves 204 GFLOPS single precision float and 15 GFLOPS double precision.

So about the same as 5 playstations then?

Shush!

Girly thinks we're getting a PS3 because it plays Blu-Ray disks...

Comment

Did you build it yourself?

Is it actually a cluster or just 12 computers in the same room?

Have you run linpack on the entire cluster or just the individual nodes?

Does your web analysis actually use floating point arithmetic?
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X