• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news, cap on Migration.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What the hell do that shower of tulipe in the PCG actually do? Everyone and their dog is getting piled in today giving reasons against this cap.

Not one of them could be bothered to get their fat soggy arse out their scratcher and mumble something to a reporter.

If anyone is actually paying a subscription to that squad I would cancel the direct debit and burn the cash amount on a cold night, then you might get something for the cost.
    WHS

Comment

The US ( despite being multiple time bigger in size than UK) have only one system, the H1B which allows for 75K skilled workers to come in to the country. This process is exploited by Indian IT companies on a large scale. Once this quota is finished the door is closed. Once you join a company on this visa its not easy to then quit and join another and there are other restrictions.

Here the EU workers can just come in without any restrictions but on top of that there is the uncapped Tier 1 visa. This is awarded to pretty much anybody who applies. I know plenty of folks who have paid money and gained a degree certificate and come in. 1 in 3 applications involve fake documentation. I interviewed an applicant for a junior position paying 20K and the chap was on Tier 1. How can a highly skilled person apply for a junior position ? On top of this you get the companies like HP, Logica, Accenture etc bringing folks here on tourist visa and putting them up in hotels and getting them to work on projects for 6 months. This is basically a direct ploy to cut off the UK IT contractor and using cheap imported labour on short term projects.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Not that I should care anymore, but I had a quick look at the PCG's website to see if they had bothered to make any response to the news that ICT will not be covered by the so-called 'clamp down' on immigration.

Yup, nothing.

Why the frack are they still in existance and who is stupid enough to join them? They are doing more damage than good. Also, they should never be allowed to use the 'P' part of their name.

What is more the whole site is a right dogs dinner. FFS, NF - do your magic on them and sort 'em out. The put the whole industry in a bad light.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I honestly do believe that they are at it.

Those full page adverts at the back of The Times, on the pages usually reserved for the "Best Pair of Slacks Money Can Buy" ads, was just a piss take.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            What the hell do that shower of tulipe in the PCG actually do? Everyone and their dog is getting piled in today giving reasons against this cap.

Not one of them could be bothered to get their fat soggy arse out their scratcher and mumble something to a reporter.

If anyone is actually paying a subscription to that squad I would cancel the direct debit and burn the cash amount on a cold night, then you might get something for the cost.
            Well, one bloke got half a million quid out of the PCG.

Comment

If you don't like the PCG it's yours to change. Join and help them out. But you won't because you are all too busy knocking people for what in the main they do voluntarily.

They do what they can with limited resources. It's true they don't always get it right and I don't have rose tinted glasses on.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                If you don't like the PCG it's yours to change. Join and help them out. But you won't because you are all too busy knocking people for what in the main they do voluntarily.

They do what they can with limited resources. It's true they don't always get it right and I don't have rose tinted glasses on.
                That was a public service announcement on behalf of the PCG.

It would've been better without the childish swipe imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  That was a public service announcement on behalf of the PCG.

It would've been better without the childish swipe imo.
                  I'm aware of the PCG's faults more than most but when I had a four year IR35 investigation it was the PCG that picked up the tab - not you.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I'm aware of the PCG's faults more than most but when I had a four year IR35 investigation it was the PCG that picked up the tab - not you.
                    You're damn right boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X