• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair rejected by Bush

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    Tell him we'll pull out of Iraq if he doesn't give us the 'kin contract.
    Thats more the langauge that Bush understands.

I wonder what Maggie would have done ?

PS If the US doesnt want it , why not flog the technology to Iran ?
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 24 January 2006, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      It was the same relationship that sent our armed forces to Afghanistan and Iraq, certainly Bush could have influenced the decision without risking impeachement
      But let's not forget, Blair has been trying to ride with the hounds and run with the fox in that he has committed the UK to some EU joint defence force and defence procurement scheme.

Not too sure of the details, but it's definitely a strategic decision and much more than a token "toe in the water" gesture, and apparently as a result for all practical purposes the US have cancelled any special arrangements with the UK in the military sphere. After all, in twenty years they may well be at war with the EU!

(I think the UK in similar vein will also be an active participant in the new Galileo GPS system, which is another sore point with the US as China is also involved.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

something to ponder

Perhaps, just perhaps, the Rolls-Royce/GE technology was, well, how can I put it, a bit on the tulipe side, and it's fair enough they got rejected?

After all, would you buy something endorsed by Blair?

I don't know, maybe the IT side of the bid was handled by EDS!!! Or Logica. Or Accidenture....
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
        X