• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: How much to work from home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman
    Except that 'Bungleore' is not in the same time zone and people just can't pop in for a chat or a meeting etc.

I have worked mostly from home for the past 11 years (nice barn conversion in Oxfordshire).

Maybe go to client sites once a fortnight. But then I am truly "in business on my own account" unlike most contractor pseudo-permies who are shackeld to their "employer's" desks.

I have no use for you and your like DA.
    You have no use for me and my like then nostrildag? Thanks for that, you have ruined my sleep for the next fortnight. Nice barn conversion in Oxfordshire? thats twenty Hungarian software developers with degrees and decent communication skills, which is a forty to one productivity gain (given that one of them is worth two of you.)
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      You have no use for me and my like then nostrildag? Thanks for that, you have ruined my sleep for the next fortnight. Nice barn conversion in Oxfordshire? thats twenty Hungarian software developers with degrees and decent communication skills, which is a forty to one productivity gain (given that one of them is worth two of you.)
      What the **** are you on about you ******?

I should add, I am an EMPLOYER,

not an EMPLOYEE,

nor a TOSS POT AGENT!
      Last edited by bogeyman; 24 January 2006, 17:15.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I cannot translate from English to Binary.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I cannot translate from English to Binary.
          Suffice to say, old boy, if you are a rec pimp, you are no doubt a khuun't of the first water.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Suffice to say, old boy, if you are a rec pimp, you are no doubt a khuun't of the first water.
            Is that fresh water or waste water?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
              Mailman, is that an investment bank? Do tell who!
              [german accent]nine, no can do[/german accent]

Who knows if there are gimps that I work with also posting here (from higher up the food chain!

Mailman

Comment

Just rememeber that if you can work from home then the work can therefore be done from anywhere including bungleore
                I don't think so... if it's based on business knowledge and not wanking in front of a selection of mpegs from squirters.com!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I should add, I am an EMPLOYER,

not an EMPLOYEE,

nor a TOSS POT AGENT!
                  So how many people do you employ then dagnose?

Comment

Oh good. We've got a new troll...
                    Eh ? DA's been here for ages
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X