• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is horse drink driving illegal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly, when Harvey Smith lost his driving licence he tried riding to and from his local boozer. They stopped him from doing it via a "drunk in charge of a horse" law.

Yet Another Story That You Can't Find On Google. (YASTYCFOG).
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I once took a taxi in Brisl and the driver was telling me that his father was a drayman in the city for Smiles and in those days it was horse and cart drays

he said the horses knew the route inside out because they did it everyday and that the draymen would have a pint at each pub they delivered to and by the end of the day would be quite worse for wear but the horses simply pulled the cart to the next pub keeping up with the traffic and following the usual route

Milan.

Comment

Working...
      X