• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will it be time to pile into BP shares?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's like an internet with no buttons. You use it for watching adverts.
    Aaah! I quite like the idea. Where can I buy one ? Do I need a broker to buy one ? Can I ( gasp!) order it online ? ( probably not )
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Aaah! I quite like the idea. Where can I buy one ? Do I need a broker to buy one ? Can I ( gasp!) order it online ? ( probably not )
      I believe you need a license, as not everyone can be trusted to safely absorb the valuable information contained in the advertisements.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If it weren't for shops, there would be no way to break into the 'buying stuff' market. You can't access Amazon without a PC and can't buy a PC on-line because you aren't on-line. Can't get on-line because you can't see can't see TV adverts without a TV. Even getting internet connected requires an internet connection. You could use the phone, but whwere did you get the phone from? The whole thing needs bootstrapping, and what happens when this precarious house of cards is broken, i.e. you lose internet access?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          and what happens when this precarious house of cards is broken, i.e. you lose internet access?
          It's all going to end in tears in at teatime 21st of May 2013

doomed
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I have been piling into this BP 'falling knife' through my SIPP. Currently 'underwater' but I am playing a long game. This will blow over and I expect the share price to recover over time. In addition, the dividends are likely to return to previous levels (they are very high, why do you think all the pensions are invested) so this is reason enough to buy.
            Of course - I haven’t bet the farm on this, I have a number of more stable managed funds so that even if BP go bump (unlikely- sum of parts is expected to be £5/share !) I won’t be in big trouble.
            Looks like once in a decade chance to pile in, buy when others are fearful and all that !

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              what happens when this precarious house of cards is broken, i.e. you lose internet access?
              I believe the Buddhists call this "Nirvana"
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Currently down to 339p.

How low do you think they will go?

Not sure if they will dip below 300p.

Comment

Anyone got a link to a graph showing the decline in avlue?

Comment

BP up 10% on the day. Did fortune favour the brave?

Comment

I piled in yesterday but mainly for long term so not bothered about short term shoot up in price. I get a feeling they might get taken over.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X