• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice new phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Mine thinks CUK is 'adult content' and won't let me on! I blame Gibbon.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Mine thinks CUK is 'adult content' and won't let me on! I blame Gibbon.
      Infamy Infamy ......
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Get one 'free' on a monthly business contract
        Nah, I don't do mobile phone contracts.

It's "prepay or broke" (or in this case "prepay _and_ broke" )
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My XDA has gone bust after 3 years and shows a white screen of death. Mobiles only last a year these days it seems.

Anyway, my Windows mobile phone allowed me to access it's file system. But the interface was clunky and I am looking to move away from WM phone.

Does the HTC Desire allow file system access ? How is the battery life ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Nah, I don't do mobile phone contracts.

It's "prepay or broke" (or in this case "prepay _and_ broke" )
            Doesn't prepay get a bit expensive on a smartphone thats always connecting to t'internet?
            Anyway the Desire is selling second hand for £280-£300 so I don't thing the Nexus is worth £350.

Alternatively the 'budget' HTC wildfire is coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
              Doesn't prepay get a bit expensive on a smartphone thats always connecting to t'internet?
              Anyway the Desire is selling second hand for £280-£300 so I don't thing the Nexus is worth £350.

Alternatively the 'budget' HTC wildfire is coming soon.
              WHS^

A monthly £30 contract has got to be cheaper when it includes unlimited data?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                My XDA has gone bust after 3 years and shows a white screen of death. Mobiles only last a year these days it seems.

Anyway, my Windows mobile phone allowed me to access it's file system. But the interface was clunky and I am looking to move away from WM phone.

Does the HTC Desire allow file system access ? How is the battery life ?
                I had a WM phone before and it was rubbish in comparison to the Desire. You do have file system access with the desire but not a root account. It has not been an issue so far. Interface is superb, a learning curve from WM but so much better. Looked at the old phone last night to clean it up to sell and it felt ancient! Not nice to use in comparison.

Battery life is not brilliant but have bought a couple of spare batteries and a desktop cradle so you can charge phone and spare battery. Battery usually lasts a day / day and a half. A battery is about a tenner so no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by crack_ho View Post
                  In Germany you can get monthly PAYG data packs that compare favourably to the contract ones. They usually have the same 3GB or 5GB at full speed then throttling to GPRS speeds for the rest of your "unlimited" allowance.

I think o2 offer something similar in the UK, but I don't think vodafone do.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    In Germany you can get monthly PAYG data packs that compare favourably to the contract ones. They usually have the same 3GB or 5GB at full speed then throttling to GPRS speeds for the rest of your "unlimited" allowance.

I think o2 offer something similar in the UK, but I don't think vodafone do.
                    Cheapest at the moment is giffgaff (Part of O2)
                    £10 per month minimum topup and includes unlimited internet

http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      I had a WM phone before and it was rubbish in comparison to the Desire. You do have file system access with the desire but not a root account. It has not been an issue so far. Interface is superb, a learning curve from WM but so much better. Looked at the old phone last night to clean it up to sell and it felt ancient! Not nice to use in comparison.

Battery life is not brilliant but have bought a couple of spare batteries and a desktop cradle so you can charge phone and spare battery. Battery usually lasts a day / day and a half. A battery is about a tenner so no big deal.
                      Thanks! So I take it the migration from a WM phone to an Andriod HTC is pretty painless ? I presume the day to day aspects of a modern smartphone like syncing contacts, calendar etc works out of the box ?

PS: Take some rep for the reply.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X